Honda CBR XX Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ha! I like that, what's the issue with it? The weather forecast says SUN, get it back together and get out there :thumb:

Oh, and why hide all the faults, we all have scares from life! Mine has a nice 5" crack in the fairing, few little scuffs and dings and not mint by any means.
Peasant! you could at least not sound proud about it!:rolleyes: :rotfl:

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
That looks like it's gonna a very cool look when your done. Can't wait to see it all together. Those panels look real damn good with out the camo as is.
Have you thought about cutting a black to say 50% and shooting over everything to ghost it out. I'd say couple coats ought to hide it pretty well but pop when the sun hits it at the right angle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Hi beestoys, ye they have come out better than I was hoping and i have phoned a few paint places, but im not sure if there getting what I want, as you say they need calming down a bit, and trying to explain I want black lacquer, I don't think there getting what I mean, so im going to pop down on the weekend and have a chin wag with them
Thx Dave

·
Registered
273 Posts
I quite like it actually, I imagine it will look different again once it is on the bike.

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Reminds me of the camo that car manufacturers use on new models when road testing before release to hide body lines and features. Certainly different and unique, and will cover future scratches and stone chips well. But really need to see it on the bike ... how will it look paired with "plain" tank and rear cowl ... and agree that a dark lacquer would likely tone it down a lot too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
hi everyone ,
ahh im not just doing the top fairings , her tank and rear tail unit are getting the same , she would look really odd with a plain black tank and tail unit , i was thinking ,,, i wonder if the plod would no what she is lol , been told that the alloy that on CD,s does reflect some common laser,s lol
thxDave

·
Registered
469 Posts
The world's fastest duck hunter. Get in front and shoot behind. Nice tactic.
That reminds me of an English cooking show that appeared over here on PBS from time to time. Hosted by 2 old ladies who, when needing fresh duck would ride around the countryside on a motorcycle and sidecar shooting a blunderbuss in the air trying to bag one. Of course this kind of activity is frowned upon today, unfortunately.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts