Honda CBR XX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Looks excellent Dave keep at her and you know sis is probably watching over your shoulder now knowing your back to life and enjoying it each day.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Hey there guys hope you have all been behaving yourselves, probably need to do an INTRODUCTION myself after being away for a long time due to different things happening in my life, family deaths, divorce, and prostate cancer, what a couple of years but still riding the mighty XX and the 450 motocross machine, life throws us all many curve balls on the journey of life its just a matter of how we handle the confused state that we sometimes find ourselves in

just had a great month at the WSBK at Phillip island where I caught up with Johnny Rae , he is a member of our local motocross club on the peninsula and does get out on the track when he has a quiet moment in Australia, the following week it was our annual get together of the birds on the Oxley (the BOO run) where a lot of us cover big ks to all meet and socialize together, one fellow and his mate covered 10,000ks and had one hell of an adventure to meet up with his blackbird mates that hed only ,met on the keyboards like many of us, so guys and girls I hope I find you all well and ride safe cheers from Aussiekev​

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
hey there pete how you doing buddy, been to hell and back but ill know in the next 3 weeks where I stand after all my radiation treatments as the shit cancer started growing back only 6 months after the surgery it went from undetectable to 2.0 then has dropped down from that to 0.5 so hoping next test will give the all clear :rolleyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
hi kev , i wish you all the best mate and thanks everyone , i have to get back to were i was , and ill keep everyone updated on how my bird gets along

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Not too good body work, but hey hoo, as everyone knows I'm sorting my bird on the cheap, but im not to sure if the fairings can be made back to awsome, so iv had a bit of an idea (((( ment to be quick and easy))) YE RITE ,,,, its took me 3 day cutting shapes out because you can't buy what I want ???, so ill put a pic of the side panel and how bad it is and the idea I have,,, might be a bit different but I have to work with what I have,,,, on some pics you will have to ZOOM IN , so it looks like I'm going for the black cambo look just hope ot comes out the way I want her to

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
HI Dave shame your up north i could of done you a complete fairing at a great price in candy blue some would
need a repaint but half of it already done with not a single crack or damage

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
hi waynecbrxx , thanks for thinking about my fairings , yup thats just my luck mate , these one are a bit passed there best , and i was saving up for some cheep ones , but iv had to use that loot for other parts she needed , thats why im repairing these ones , never no one day she might get a new coat
thx Dave

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Keep at her dave. Helps the mind and the spirit when your hands are busy. And if it doesn't come out exactly as you like then you know how to make it better with the experience. But ultimately your riding and that the big goal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
hi beestoys , might sound a bit daft but its been good cutting out the shapes ( nothing to think about ) , im not sure how shes going to look , a few people i have told what im going to try , its had a few HUMM comments but she will be on the road as soon as i can , believe it or not the mounting and fairing bolts are the hardest things to try and get a hold of , i can get a bolt bucket off EBAY but there not the ones with the 6 dimples in them , and HONDA want way too much for a set , so ill get what i can and hope i dont make a hash of her
thx
Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
hi beestoys , might sound a bit daft but its been good cutting out the shapes ( nothing to think about ) , im not sure how shes going to look , a few people i have told what im going to try , its had a few HUMM comments but she will be on the road as soon as i can , believe it or not the mounting and fairing bolts are the hardest things to try and get a hold of , i can get a bolt bucket off EBAY but there not the ones with the 6 dimples in them , and HONDA want way too much for a set , so ill get what i can and hope i dont make a hash of her
thx
Dave

·
Registered
7,812 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Hi beestoys, I have just had a look at the site, and there exactly what I'm looking for at a fraction of the cost, tkx for the link mate, I'll be getting some of them ordered
Thx Dave

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss Dave. Love and best wishes go out to you and yours. You are so right, no one ever knows what is around the corner, so just get on with dong what it is that you want to do. Have you coated any of the parts that you have polished? I had a zx10 (the older proper ones) that had polished rims, frame and swing arm, it looked good, but my god it was a pain to keep clean!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Dave, if you keep your eye on E-Bay, sometimes you can pick up fairing parts for reasonable money,
which makes sense if you don't need or want to buy a full set. You might have to do a bit of painting,
but I'm confident you could cope with that!

My suggestion is that you get the bike completed and get out on the road, but scan the 'Bay every now
and then to pick some (ahem!) "economically-priced" bits which you can fettle at your leisure.

You've done a brilliant job so far, lad - keep up the great work! :thumb:

https://tinyurl.com/y4f9oohk
https://tinyurl.com/y6z9orgd

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Hi woodwizard, thank you for your thoughts, ehh no i havnt put anything on the polished parts yet, and i can guess there going to be a bit of a pain to keep clean and polished, i was thinking of putting a clear coat over them? But at the min mate I'm trying everything I can to get her on the road, and my idea for cambo colours isn't going the way I thought it would, so it's back to scratching my head, look like a lot more body work to try and hide all her faults
Thx Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ha! I like that, what's the issue with it? The weather forecast says SUN, get it back together and get out there :thumb:

Oh, and why hide all the faults, we all have scares from life! Mine has a nice 5" crack in the fairing, few little scuffs and dings and not mint by any means.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Hi DAnagel , I have seen a few parts on Ebay and there's a good few bits I would really like, but the position I'm in at the moment I cudnt even afford the postage mate, iv had a bit of crap luck over the last few years, divorce, left with all the debts, bankruptcy, and put on a payment scheme for 5 years, were the taxman worked out how much I need per mth, and gezz he knows his stuff, the only reason I have my exhaust cans, is because my mate got them for me and in return I have to repair the head gasket on his car, another mate gave me my chain and sprockets ( because he accidentally ordered them) they were ment to be for his VFR and they sent a bird set instead and he cudnt be bothered to send them back????? And the paint and fiberglass was off my old boss at the bike shop I used to work at,
Thx Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Hi woodwizard, humm might just be me then lol im still not 100% sure on them, and she has some really nasty damage to the panals, if you have read my posts you no i found my bird in a back garden getting used as target practice for his kids with catapults, and after some digging and asking i have found out she used to be used as a drugs runner, so you can imagine what her body work is like, i havnt a clue how her engine is so good, cozz I'm sure she has had a real hard past, and im 100% sure I'm going to get stopped over and over and over till they work out she's fully legal and not a criminal anymore lol
Thx Dave

81 - 100 of 115 Posts