Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lo everyone , just joined the site , im dave , i have a blackbird , granted shes not in the best of conditions at the min , always wanted one since i very first saw one , but as norm they were way out my price range , but i have manged to buy her , and with luck im going to save her from were shes been sitting in a back garden for years , so if yous dont mind ill be asking for a few pointers , i have a few pics of her from when i got her , and how she is now (shes not looking nice at the min ) but with a bit work and a long time scale , im hoping to have her back to what shes ment to look like if not better ,at the min im sorting out her wheels and forks , need some big clean and polished things to keep me going , ill post some of the bits i have done ( if i can work out how to )
thanks
Dave

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi and welcome, nice bike.

There is a wealth of information on here and if it's not already there, you will generally get a sensible and timely reply from somebody, for any questions you have.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello Greg , im sure at a later time ill be asking for some pointers , but i have a lot of work to do befor i get to that point lol , at the min im just doing the easy stuff " polishing her wheels and forks " i still have to get the swinging arm out to get it sorted , then when there done engine out , to get blasted and cleaned and repainted and polished , then onto her frame , im sure this sounded like a good idea at one point lol
thank you for the welcome
dave

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Wow, certainly getting stuck into that Bird Dave.
Be aware the motor is bl..dy heavy when it comes to the time to remove it!
Looks like a carbie to me, am I right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Dave,

Welcome to the forum. You're in the right place for questions, these guys are a great and knowledgeable resource.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi everyone , ye shes the carby model , there ment to be the better ones " well thats what i have been told , i can guess the engine is a bit on the heavy side but i have a few mates who are going to give me a hand (they dont no it yet lol ) at the min im trying to get the wheels done iv only been on with them for a few hours after work , so its taking longer than im happy with , but they have tobe done , ill put a few pics on and see what people think , or am i wasting time and should just paint them View attachment DSC_0115.JPG DSC_0135.JPG View attachment wheel 2.JPG View attachment 115683
hope people dont mind me puting pics on
thx
dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you adeyren , i have got half the rear wheel rubbed down just needs polishing , and then i have got to get them painted ( just hope i dont mess that bit up ) and i have one fork leg sort of polished but im not happy with it so ill re do it to get it right DSC_0113.JPG

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wheels are looking great, keep it up, worth the effort I think.

As for pictures, the more the merrier.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi pbz1900 yes there was , alot of it had that horible white corrosion under it so it all have to be wet and dryed off befor i could start getting them smooth
thx
dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thank you ziplex , i hope shes going to turn out well when shes done , its going to take me a while , but she cant fix herself lol , and im hoping to do all the work by myself , im not one for sending parts out to get sorted , and then taking the credit for , if you no what i mean
thx
dave

1 - 20 of 115 Posts