Honda CBR XX Forum banner

Hi from new member

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Pugwash 
#1 ·
Hi All

Just bought a 2000 Blackbird in Blue. I have been an admirer of this bike for a long time but also had a thing for the VFR800 Fi. So after 21 years of owning several of those - i have just changed out to a 'Bird.

I have to say it's all I wanted and a bit more, bit like a VFR on steroids. my wife and I are going to do a fair bit of European riding and wanted something that was not going to be on its limit in anyway with 2 up and full luggage.
Two or three rides in and I really should have done this before now.

Just as an aside I am thinking of adapting the Givi rack to take V35 panniers (I run business that does quite a bit of tube work on bikes as we make IRS trike conversions in Peterborough UK). The Bird came with a wingrack 2 which has no chance of being adapted the centres of the lower pegs and the upper catch are no where near and the curved shape of the V35 makes me think the tubular way is best so I will get a PLX rack and change that around a bit.

I'll let you know how we get on.

#5 ·
Welcome to Bird ownership and the forum.
my wife and I are going to do a fair bit of European riding and wanted something that was not going to be on its limit in anyway with 2 up and full luggage.
whilst I travel with soft luggage and my wife rides her own bike I can say the Bird has been a perfect partner on the many trips I have made to Europe. Little does it know but it is heading to Corsica soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.