Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AUSTRALIA 22/12/2022 - 10/2006 HONDA CBRX1100XX SUPER BLACKBIRD, SILVER, 49,000KM $5,000 PRIVATE VENDOR - CONDITION EXCELLENT

My christmas present to me. Am based in Grafton, country New South Wales, Australia. Have been on a couple of rides so far and really notice the difference between this and my previous bike a 2012 Suzuki GS500F, so 152hp vs 51hp, of course massive difference. They are two completely different machines and I feel much more confident on the highway on the bird than on the GS500F although that's a great bike to learn on.

Before buying the bike I watched a lot of Youtube reviews etc. I only happened upon these bike by chance and really wanted a GSXR1000 but they are far more expensive at present and I have two other bikes to buy, an adventure and enduro. Some of the points people commented on in reviews are the weight, some thought it was too heavy, yes it does weigh a bit but that is really a positive for me and feels solid when picking up speed. The styling of the bike is classical and being part of an older generation I like my vehicles to have individuality. Remember those days of old when you could identify the make and model of a car at a distance, like an e-type jag, a studebaker and a triumph stag? Today all the cars look the same. That's a great shame. And how about refrigerators that lasted 50 years or more?

I really appreciate well made things and the bird stacks up with quality and reliability. There are a few bits and pieces I would have redesigned here and there but then I do that with everything. The main problem is that vehicle designers don't ask their customers properly how they use and want to use their vehicles and what addons they will want. I have not yet seen one vehicle produced with inbuilt mobile phone holders and connections.

Anyway enough of that rant, first things when buying a bird or any vehicle for that matter is checking tyres, oil, coolant, lights, battery etc and finding the right fluids for it in the country you are in. So I'm off to Supercheap Auto to buy some coolant as I can't see any in mine, think it's really low, but it's hard to see and one design fault here is having to remove the faring and top box rail to get to it.

Cheers everyone

Mike aka aussiebiker

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
1979 cbx
8 Posts
Hi, and welcome brother ! You have a great looking ride. i totally agree with the cookie cutter vehicles today. whether they are cars or motorcycles. style and individuality seem to have gone out the window! I love the classics as well. they just don't make'em like they used to !

· Registered
1,439 Posts
Welcome from Melbourne. Nice looking bird. Some great riding up around your way.

Why are the rear indicators set back like that? Is the bike also set up for side panniers as well as the top box? I haven't seen a seat side rail that looks like that one before...

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Good choice of machine.

Re: low coolant. These bikes run hot in traffic, so is it important that the cooling system is kept in tip top shape.

Do a quick check for leaks. Lift the tank (unscrew the 2 rear bolts, rotate some and prop up) to check hoses and thermostat housing, bottom left of engine for water pump weep hole, also make sure overflow hose goes into overflow tank. I use an extra large a/c duct zip tie as a dipstick for this tank. Also, rad cap may be weak.

I would top up with distilled water for now with an eye to changing the rad fluid in the future, best not to mix fluid types.

· Registered
262 Posts
Hello and welcome .... who makes that helmet you have there ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts