Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Pbz, where did you get the 4" risers? DIY like deadman or are they commercially available somewhere?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome Mbikeboy, you have found the sweet spot of of owning a bird with this forum, so much knowledge and passion for what is truly a magnificent machine.
I am in WA with a Black 2007 bird that I bought about 18 months ago with 14000 kms on the clock and mint, absolutely love the effortless power.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,614 Posts
Lovely looking bike there! My VIN is JH2SC35U3YM300415, so not too far off yours!
Here's a link to identifying Honda VINs.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,614 Posts
Pbz, where did you get the 4" risers? DIY like deadman or are they commercially available somewhere?
Get them from Home
Good quality.
I got put onto them by adeyn here. Very adjustable, though I did find to have them at their highest meant I had to reprofile the edge of my aftermarket screen so the bars and levers dont hit it. Don't know about the OEM screen. That took a bottle of beer and a steady hand and a dremel. I don't think I breathed. Also brake hose and clutch hose need lengthening.
I lengthened the throttle cables but with some maintenance work coming up I am trying the OEMs again to see. The Venhills lengthened rub the instrument panel. Don't expect a wild amount of positioning of final bar placement, something always gets in way. BUT they have made continued long trips possible for this ol' fart. Along with some pussy grips. Sown is apex on left and JAWS bars risers on right. I have them for sale if you are interested.
Vehicle Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Steering part

They are a 'collar' as well as a solid fork extender thereby raising your bars. Have a look on the JAWS website.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey everyone, I've just purhased a 2000 model CBR1100XX in blue. As we're in lockdown and will be for at least a few more months, I needed a project to stave off the boredom and have something awesome to show for my downtime. It's fully registered and roadworthy, but needs a bit of a tidy-up and some TLC.

I'm currently giving it the most thorough clean and detailing of its life, and making a list of things to do, repair, replace, purchase, etc. There's also been plenty of reading posts in here, being an information sponge, hehe!

Anyway, here's a few pics of the new beast! :)

Same year as mine mate. Stock standard.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Lovely Bird ..!
Lovely 'Bird and lovely Aussie weather, too, judging by the impressive lack of grime etc. Has the bike ever seen rain?

...Left me with a complex mixture of jealousy of ownership, love for the bike, and a deep and festering hatred of the UK weather (which, actually, has been pretty bloody good, this year - but I'd started - so I'll finish (ooh-er, missis! 🤓)...

OK, OK... I'll get me coat... 😞

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Lovely 'Bird and lovely Aussie weather, too, judging by the impressive lack of grime etc. Has the bike ever seen rain?

...Left me with a complex mixture of jealousy of ownership, love for the bike, and a deep and festering hatred of the UK weather (which, actually, has been pretty bloody good, this year - but I'd started - so I'll finish (ooh-er, missis! 🤓)...

OK, OK... I'll get me coat... 😞
Australia Is a Very big country, Depending on where you are in it,
It can be sunshine all year round, 30 Celcius and above, and rain occasionally every few years,,
Or it can be worse than Scotland down here in the south, - 8 Celcius to + 45 Celcius,
I rode over Mt Hotham in the spring, November, It was supposed to be + 25 Celcius,
It turned out to be - 8 Celcius and a screaming Snow Blizzard, We just had to keep going or Freeze to death,
Australia is not all a sunny Country, It can be bitterly cold and Freezing, But we do have the best bike roads in Australia, hahahahaha
Photograph Tire Vehicle Cloud Sky
Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Snow Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Reactions: kavallero
21 - 34 of 34 Posts