Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've just purhased a 2000 model CBR1100XX in blue. As we're in lockdown and will be for at least a few more months, I needed a project to stave off the boredom and have something awesome to show for my downtime. It's fully registered and roadworthy, but needs a bit of a tidy-up and some TLC.

I'm currently giving it the most thorough clean and detailing of its life, and making a list of things to do, repair, replace, purchase, etc. There's also been plenty of reading posts in here, being an information sponge, hehe!

Anyway, here's a few pics of the new beast! :)

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,316 Posts
Welcome from the middle of the USA... and that blue is amazing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mbikeboy

·
Administrator
9,219 Posts
Welcome aboard enjoy your company and the bird. We're here to share info and riding stories.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gees we're all around Australia...only missing WA & NT (I'm in Vic).

For a while I've wanted a bike with insano-power, comfortable, reliable, affordable, can tour with, easily do 2-up, and had a bit of old-school-cool factor. The Blackbird was a logical choice and ticked all the boxes, but another aspect that I considered was the availability of parts and support for these. I also had a chat with a mate who has one, got solid advice/recommendations, and the rest is history.

It's an original and honest 2000 model with 114k klm's, presents well, and just needs a bit of TLC to make it fresh and really pop. There's also a Wilbers shock, which is a nice addition. It's the ideal chill-out project to pass the time during lockdown 6.0 and have something awesome to show for it.

Here are my girls, hehe!

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,316 Posts
What year is that ninja? Newer 600's can put out the power like a Bird when revved way up... but the torque and power delivery of a Bird to me is no match and the Bird wins easily. I also don't fit a 600 bike well either at 6'3".
You have a ways to go because I believe that the top odometer is over 200,000 K's so plenty of life left in it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What year is that ninja?
It's a 2021 Ninja 400 with a few upgrades. They're an amazing little bike, the king of the lightweight sports segment, and I absolutely love it. It's got plenty of power, weighs next to nothing, and is sublime through the twisties. I like to think of it as the scalpel, and the CBR is the machete, hehe!

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Insano power is very correct, Lose you licence in First gear, Crush your bike in second gear,
Welcome from the side of Mt Dandenong where the twistys begin,
Mines an 05 Blue one with 108,000 Kays on it,
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome ............. better paint it black

• Haha

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,614 Posts
Welcome from mornington peninsula. Have the same year. Same colour. Close to same kms. You may have to check carefully about which gen this is. Mines a bit of a hybrid gen 1 and i think the last of the LHS rectifier if im correct. Our vin numbers might be very close. You have analog instruments? Whereabouts in Oz are you?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome from mornington peninsula. Have the same year. Same colour. Close to same kms. You may have to check carefully about which gen this is. Mines a bit of a hybrid gen 1 and i think the last of the LHS rectifier if im correct. Our vin numbers might be very close. You have analog instruments? Whereabouts in Oz are you?
Hey there, you're just down the peninsula link from me, I'm in inner south-east Melbourne.

It sounds like our bikes are twins, as mine has the rectifier on the lhs (it's been replaced at some stage recently by the looks of things), and yep mine's fuel-injected with the analogue dash. It amazes me how good a condition mine is for a 21yo bike. Mechanically it's been really well looked after, but the fairings are a little bit scuffed here n there and a few stone chips, but the tank has a couple of poorly touched up chips. From a meter away it looks mint though, haha! I'll be changing the chain and sprockets as they're about cooked, and the tyres are badly squared off (I was surprised they passed an RWC tbh), but for the most part it's mostly cosmetic work to do. I've mostly been cleaning road-grime off hard to reach places so far, haha!

Pop some pics of your beast up, would love to see it! :)

·
Administrator
9,219 Posts
I've got a hybrid as well 2k built 7/99 with a production number 00009. Lhs R/R and analog dash.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,614 Posts
awwww,hydrids unite! Here's a couple of shots mbikeboy. A familiar location in one. The height of installed 4" risers. and the day I bought it in 2013 sideon. Staintune exhausts.

My VIN number is JH2SC35U2YM300079

1 - 20 of 34 Posts