Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
they came with the bike and looked in a verry sorry state spent a few hours spit and polish (lol) abit of a dint here and there but hope they sound good when i get her back to gether just waiting now for a few more bits, just put a magnetic sump plug in new heli oil pipes going on to oil cooler tomorrow, then waiting for the fastener that holds the little oil return pipe stay plate at side of the engine wont be here till about the 20th but original from honda £15.80. never heard of the name????
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Sunglasses

Musical instrument Cymbal Idiophone Automotive lighting Gas

·
Registered
482 Posts
At the end of the day, I think most people would pay what ever it was to get them fixed if they couldn't or didn't have the wright tools so £180 is fair enough.
Just make sure the lands for the orings are clean and flat when you put the new fixings on.
I've done the old copper slip on my 4 retaining bolts, oh and I used a paint pen to make lines across the fixing large nuts, so if they ever undo slightly I can see any movement, so fare 2000 miles and all good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
thank you very much for the tip i will do the same and mark them with a pen, for peace of mind. this is going to be a winter project as i am going to respray the fairings to tidy the old girl up cant wait to get her out on the road next year. as for the work done to the engine the guy who did it for me was an absolute star the price was £170 but gave him extra tenner for saving me having to buy a new engine, getting new o rings to make sure everything is right first time. will keep everyone updated step by step. great site this with great guys helping people like me thanks to you all.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
cant seem to buy the retaining bracket any more know one seems to stock them so i am getting some made, i would up load the vid that i took of it moving but dont know how, but even if the retaining breackets were in place oil would piss out of both sides as it is not a snug fit???? also i have the bracket for the lower fairing just not put it in place yet, have to get a tool for putting the engine bolts back in on the back of the engine as i cant get the 2 spacers in place.

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Check with IX he's got a bunch of parts. He may have those.
Depending on how the bracket is missing. Left off, or broke you may have to make new one and use the oil pan bolt next to it to mount it. I've done this with a couple crash rebuilds. You just use 1/8 inch steel flat stock 3/4 inch wide.
Your best bet is to support the engine on a platform. Release tension on all the engine mount bolts, then align the frame and install all the bolts. I've actually found it easier to pull the swing aren front forks and wheel to make everything more manageable.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts