Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy January everyone!!! Looks like 2009 is off to a hell of a start. We have had two ice storms, 2 feet of snow, a new president & I have yet to start working on the Bird. My son is growing like a weed, two months old & he is already 12lbs 23 1/2". I hope your holidays were safe and fun & I will see ya next month.

·
... Get A Good Lawyer !
3,082 Posts
Get that XX up and enjoy it !
One of these days you'll wake up and the son will have it out himself ..... Doesn't seem that long ago that my 2 year old was that size :thumb:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ice storms are the worst. Trees & power lines get a coating of ice & soon after they are coming down causing all kinds of damage. At least with hail it's over in a few minutes with ice it can last for hours:crap:

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
I thought I was escaping all of that--well, the snow and ice, yeah, I guess I did, but if I close my eyes (and ears), I'D THINK I WAS STILL IN GOTHAM! It's been friggin frigid lately! Savor every moment w/the boy now, the baby part doesn't seem to last quite that long!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I am saving for a Cen-Tech fuse box to put heated hand grips and other toys. This is the only second week that I have not been able to drive because of the elements. I hope things do change soon.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
How's it going, Stinger? I know what you mean about the snow and ice. There's about an inch of ice all around my shed and walkway that's keeping me from getting out on the bike. Back in early December I had gotten new electric gear (vest and gloves) but was only able to use it 3 times before the bad weather came. :crap:

Enjoy the winter.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I had frost on my roof for the first time ever (at least since I moved here in 2005 from Maryland) this morning but it was 33 when I left, 2 degrees warmer than yesterday morning. And my wife came across some "Black Ice" on her way to her job 10 miles inland...hurry up springtime!

Back to the 70s by the weekend though and if I wasn't going to the Rolex 24 at Daytona I'd be out riding; however, I am off on Monday so that is where I'll be!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How's it going, Stinger? I know what you mean about the snow and ice. There's about an inch of ice all around my shed and walkway that's keeping me from getting out on the bike. Back in early December I had gotten new electric gear (vest and gloves) but was only able to use it 3 times before the bad weather came. :crap:

Enjoy the winter.
Things are going well with Jordan. I just finished clearing the driveway of 6" of snow that fell last night & I kept thinking about spring the whole time. Worst part about it all it that when I put the snow blower away I park it right in front of the Bird. Talk about adding insult to injury:crap:

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I thought it was just a big coral reef :eyebrows:
From the bottom, where I am, you look up.
On the right is 2000 miles of coral reef, then you have 2500 miles of mountains full of grouse twistie roads, all the way from North to South,
300 miles inland, then you have the deserts, Rock. sand, gibber, and scrub,
And we do have sandstorms occasionally.

What we do have plenty off, is Sunshine,
The heat here today in Melbourne, is over the top. Its already +40 celcius and going up rapidly, It is unbearable, and we have another week of it to come.
And this crazy heat does kill people, If the heat suddenly drops 20 degrees or so, which it does occasionaly. We have people that drop dead in the street,
It is not good to have so much sunshine, sometimes.
Brain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts