Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please my blackbird refuses to run smoothly brings out black smoke when the speed gets to 100km/h. What do I do please? My carburetor has been serviced twice, my spark plugs changed twice buh there isn't any improvement. Does anybody have a clue on what the solution is?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Are the deflector plates in the fairing in place? Are you running the stock air filter? And is it clean? When did this start?

Is it speed related or revs related? I.e. at 100kph you are doing about 4000rpm in 6th gear. Does it happen at over 4000rpm in lower gears?

You might try an Italian tune up. Take it out for a good thrashing and see if it cleans up ... could just be carbon buildup in the exhaust?

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
Check your oil for fuel contamination before you go any further. then check the vacuum shut off diaphragm line for evidence of fuel wetting. another check would be to verify the deflectors are still in the fairing. do a search there is a couple threads for it. If those are gone you will get very crazy running. Are you running a stock air filter element and had any work been done on the carbs. IE needle jet kits or main jet changes.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
But before you do anything. Check the oil to see if it has a petrol smell. If it does then change the oil to avoid engine wear.

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
Are the deflector plates in the fairing in place? Are you running the stock air filter? And is it clean? When did this start?

Is it speed related or revs related? I.e. at 100kph you are doing about 4000rpm in 6th gear. Does it happen at over 4000rpm in lower gears?

You might try an Italian tune up. Take it out for a good thrashing and see if it cleans up ... could just be carbon buildup in the exhaust?
Like minds Leigh

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Carb balance been done after services? See if any cylinders running colder than others showing a misfire?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts