Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
the fast one
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody just wanted to say that I really love my first bb and its been a blast but recently it has not been the same let me explain,

I have a 97 bb and it's been way above 7500 rpm at 6th gear before with no problem but just a few weeks ago I had a gas leak from my valve were the gas tank is and I got that replaced, well soon after that I went for a ride and I hit around 7500rpm in 6thgear and the bike suddenly lost power and felt like it was choking or starving for fuel so I held the clutch in and the engine died while I was on the road. I turned it on and i started right up but still felt sluggish well after a few moments it went away and the bb road like there was never a issue,,,,,,, please let me know what to do.

also I have changed the spark pluggs and oil chage and new fuel lines and carbs sync and new ac dc converter, and new battery my bike also has yoshi rs-3 pipes.

well after the tune up it still dies at 7500rpm and 8500rpm ohh yeahh when I first changed the oring inbetween the valve and gas tank the valve was in the middle of the off and on and I read that it needed to be on the on postion so I did that and it still did the same thing,
I think its the dihapram for the fuel valve but not sure please help

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
:welcome: from the suburbs of the windy city. I'm originally from Santa Monica. West LA. Where are you located?? As for your issue, I have a 98 and had the same problem the first season I had it. The diaphragm in the fuel petcock was split and had the same intermittent problems. I believe that you can get a replacement kit called a "cover set" (little $) from your local dealer. I replaced the entire assembly (big $) and have not had a problem since. It had about 15 or 16K on it when it started showing signs of trouble. I've heard alot of talk about the ethanol in the gasoline making the rubber diaphragm dry out.:idunno: On the advice side, make sure your hoses are hooked up correctly, especially the vacuum hose to the back of the petcock. And yes, make sure the valve is turned to the "on" position before securing the tank down. This is a great forum for a great bike, just do a search on the main page to find topics or post up and get great help from other 'bird pilots. There is also a downloadable service manual for the 97-98 'birds on here as well. Hope this helps, Cheers.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina. The experts say that 10% ethanol will not harm rubber. I do not like ehtanol, many swear it does wear out the rubber quicker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts