Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Thanks for accepting me on this forum. I'm brand new to the hyper bike world, having come from big bruisers like a Z1300, XS1100, GS750 and a Guzzi California(Which I still have). I'm seriously impressed with the Blackbird. I'm just getting used to the riding position.

BR
Jay

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome from down in deepest Devon although all my outlaws..sorry in laws live in Norfolk and Brother in law and family just outside Norwich (Cringleford ).

·
Super Moderator
12,521 Posts
May I be the second Brit to say welcome from a little East of Bigmc.
I'm just getting used to the riding position.
It will seem strange after your other bikes but it works if you can get used to it. If not there are many changes possible but as somebody who rode with the standard position for the first 14 years of ownership and found it perfect I would suggest you give it time before you decide to make changes.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi and welcome from Lancashire, Jay.

Got any pictures of your new Hyperbike? Not used that term for years and I remember how excited I was the first time I saw it in ... 🤭 er... ... 🤫..

the first time I saw it. 🤓

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Welcome Jay. A bit like Bigmc, I'm down Devon way, but folks just north of Norwich. I grew up around Wymondham and razzed around Norwich on 50/125s and then bigger things. Used to go fishing on the river through Cringleford.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi and welcome from Lancashire, Jay.

Got any pictures of your new Hyperbike? Not used that term for years and I remember how excited I was the first time I saw it in ... 🤭 er... ... 🤫..

the first time I saw it. 🤓
Hello,
I've got three pictures in my gallery at the moment. I'm going out on my first long'ish ride today and will hopefully find a good photo opp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
May I be the second Brit to say welcome from a little East of Bigmc.

It will seem strange after your other bikes but it works if you can get used to it. If not there are many changes possible but as somebody who rode with the standard position for the first 14 years of ownership and found it perfect I would suggest you give it time before you decide to make changes.
Hello,
Yes it does, my feet keep wanting to go where my Guzzi's footpegs would be. I'm going for my first long'ish ride today. I should settle in nicely. My Bird already has lowered footpegs from the previous owner. She also has had the radiator horses done and the radiator seems fairly new. She also has DanMoto slip-ons with Akrapovic badges on. Not sure what the story is with the Akra badges but they look good and I don't want to damage the cans removing them.

Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts