Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here to ask for help to knowledgeable Bird owners.

I've been seeking a solution, how to put a GIVI top case on my bird with Corbin Beetlebags on the side.
It seems GIVI's mono case fitting bars interfere with Corbin side cases.

Since Beetlebag is made in the U.S., no many people use these cases here in Japan.
I cannot find any better designed case than Beetlebags, so I don't want to replace Corbin cases to all GIVI's.
I only need additional top case.

Can anyone give me an idea? :eyebrows:

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
Hi and Welcome Autorotation from Oz,cant help with GIVI top case i use ventura rack @ bag if i need more stuff usually strap a small bag or back pack.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Welcome. I can't find anything better than Givi side cases and a top box.

Reactions: steveCBR1100xx

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Welcome,

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Konichiwa, Autorotation san (rotary wing pilot?). Hello from Canada. Been to Japan a few times myself. Always enjoyed it.

I own a 2001 red BB with Corbin bags:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356538611.428240.jpg

I'm not sure but, I looked at the set up for my bike and I don't think any top case will fit. Problem is the beetle bags wrap around the tail section too closely to fit any kind of mounting brackets. Standard GIVI mounts will not, for sure. You might wanna look into SW Motech top case bracket. It night fit with some modifications, again, be careful.

I agree, Beetlebags are very sexy. Live the look myself. I have ordered the Corbin "smugglers" seat to complete the look. That gives a little extra storage space. Not much.

For extra capacity, other options are a seat pack on the passenger seat, a tank bag, or a nice backpack. I kinda like this one:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356539201.572398.jpg

Icon Squad II. Has an expandable compartment to carry helmet and another for boots so you can walk away from your bike wearing shoes.

Biggest complaint I have with Corbin beetle bags is I cannot fit anything else that can contain an secure my helmet. Best I found was putting it on right mirror and lock it with a flexible bicycle lock. Saves me from having to carry it. I only do this in "safe" neighborhood.

Another tip with Corbins: I do not put my stuff directly in the Beetlebags. I use a pair of small re-useable fabric shopping bags that I use as liners. After I stop, I pull everything in the bags in one pull, link tha bags with a carabiner (mountain link) and sling them over one shoulder. Works well. I can even attach my helmet buckle to the carabiner and carry my coffee in one hand :)

Other option: get mounting brackets, GIVI or OEM hard luggage, top case, and swap everything for long touring trips. I am contemplating doing this later.

Nothing beat the looks of the Corbins. My advice: learn to live with them. I can be done. I get lots of compliments from folks when they look at my bike. Corbins attract the eye, for sure.

Hope this help. Any other questions, please do not hesitate.

Sayonara,

FMAO

"Speed is Life!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts