Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to my new CBR 1100xx, Blackbird family. I am the proud owner of a 2003 all black, super blackbird. The unfortunate part of this story is my bike has been sitting idle in the garage for the past 2 1/2yrs and I dont know when I will get a chance to ride her. I have a son playing college basketball another playing high school ball and I own my own business, so not much time for anything else. AND GET THIS, my bike has under 300 miles. Yes under three hundred miles on it. I am considering selling her but I know if I do I will probably regret it one day. Even if I do sale her I will remain apart of this new found family.

·
here's jonny
1,434 Posts
sell, never,
put her in the front room and admire her. she needs using or she will be unhappy
sounds like you need to get out more.
welcome

·
Registered
754 Posts
:welcome: from Canada!

Sounds like you need to decree a few personal hours every now and then to go riding...

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Three hundred? Holy crap.Holy crap. Holy Crap. HOLY CRAP!!

Hopefully membership here will help your ass find the seat a bit more.

Welcome!

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
You need a "get out of jail free" card. imho. If you're not riding her, at least keep the tank full with a stablizer in her, a battery tender, and off the tires. However, lots of lads have families, kids, businesses, and still ride. I encourage you to re-think why you're not. Sell those fecking golf clubs, you're too young to play golf.

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
What Mr CB said, i feel sick dont sell them burn them Welcome from Oz.And have some bird time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome and don't sale her to get it like that with just 300 miles wooooow take some alone time for your self and ride her hope you enjoy.....

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
300 miles.
Is this a wind up? LOL!

Welcome to the group man.
I'd seriously rethink your life. You'll run out of juice sooner than you should.
Just ride a lil more. Its that simple.
:)

·
knowie
551 Posts
and he is right down the road from me i talked to him about it he had it listed on craigs list i hope i talked him out of it lol but back to the post....welcome man glad u decided to check us out

·
Super Moderator
8,640 Posts
I'll be in Virginia beach the end of this month i'll be happy too put s few miles on it for you LOL.
Keep it, service it and go out once a week and light it off on the center stand. Point it nose out and i think you will find a reason to roll it out.

·
Going downhill in style!
1,120 Posts
PLAN a one hour block of time in the future to ride the bike. I know what it is like to be self-employed and you are too busy doing the things that you HAVE to do, rather than the things you WANT to do. Don't feel guilty....you're allowed one hour out of 168 in the week! After you have taken the ride, THEN you can make the decision about your bike. Can I do without this? Is this a good pressure release for me that I need in the future? The hard part is the uncertainty. Once you have made your decision I'm sure you will feel better either way. Good luck! :thumb:

And by the way, :welcome:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gunner, I really appreciate your advice. Its sound and pretty straight forward. I will do exactly what you have suggested and let you know how things turn out. I also see that you ride the same years model that I ride. I dont want anyone to get me wrong I know how great of a bike it really is. Thanx again.

·
Going downhill in style!
1,120 Posts
You're not the first person to be in this situation.....I bought my 03 Bird from a guy who had bought it new and done 5,500 kms in 7 years. He was a very busy man with a young family, didn't have the time (or more importantly, the inclination) to ride the bike any more and needed the money. Perfectly reasonable in his case, and he was more than happy to see me riding away with it with my money in his pocket. I have ridden it mainly in one hour "stress release" sessions that suit my lifestyle timewise, and I come back from them feeling exhilarated. It's worth it to me just for that, but I hope in the future to plan a trip with some friends over several days. But if you're not riding it for whatever reason, every time you go past it you feel "guilty" (IMHO) that you're not using it, and the bikeowners experience becomes increasingly negative. You need to ride it again, just to see if that "kick" is still there! Look forward to hearing how you get on!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome!
Get that bike out and show everyone you've got the business! Find some other riders around your area and show them a bike they should be riding. Meet some fellow riders & you may find more time to get out.
Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts