Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Spot ON for Muzza55 and Shewie for pointing me to the Gremlin in the starter button. Came home from work and went out into the garage and pulled back on the starter button..............presto .....Headlights. Took it apart this morning and cleaned it with contact cleaner then lube it with De-Oxit stereo protect and lube. Hopefully I'll get a few more years before replacing. Thanks again guys. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.

·
Registered
820 Posts
good news bentleyss :thumb: you shouldn't have that problem again for years, mate this forum is like having your own personal factory mechanic at you beck and call :clap: the amount of hands on experience with our machines is priceless :plus1: their not a bad bunch a blokes either :smilebig: 'cept ya gotta watch that gum boot wearing fella though eh, keep your pets locked up !!:sheepsex::rotfl::rotfl:

muzz.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Luke I have a 07 model and experienced similar problem. I sprayed Lanolin around and inside the HIGH/LOW beam and engine STOP and the problem has not arisen since....thats 8 months ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
i have readed this thread because i have a problem like this one.
i was on a long trip 7000 km in 9days on day 7 my head lights, indicators and horn stoped working.
My side light still works
the bike is a 1999 Blackbird.
i have checked the fuse box, rele, and kill switch. NOTHING!
Has anyone a idea?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had the same problem. Cleaned the start switch with contact spray and it works fine now. As a precaution I switch off the lights when I shut down the engine at the end of the ride. I only switch on the lights once the engine is started. This will prevent the contacts from burning in. Once you're contacts get burned in the only solution will be a replacement of the starter switch. By switching off the lights when you start the engine you prevent the headlight interrupter switch from pulling an electric arc which burns the contacts.

As for the R/R : if it is getting hot and you're doing only small commuter trips I would advice you to recharge your battery regularly. I had to replace the R/R because I was only doing short (10 km) commuter trips and the battery got exhausted, pulling too much load from the R/R and burning it. I now have a new mosfet R/R which charges the battery even in idle, but as a precaution I keep the battery well charged at all times. I have a quick disconnect for my battery charger. When I park her in the garage, I connect the battery charger via the switch located in the right rear fairing. Hooking her up to the battery charger takes less time than taking off your helmet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with a VFR I use to have. It was the starter button, if the light wouldn't come on after I started the bike I would wiggle the button. Eventually I had to replace the starter button.
That is useful. I accidentally pressed the starter motor when the engine was running and both headlight bulbs went out. I will have a look at this.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Try a squirt of WD40....... One of my H7's was out and I went to the trouble of replacing a bulb..... and the new one didn't work either....... it was the starter contacts (y)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts