Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning.

I,m looking for an original FRONT HEADLIGHT here en Europe, not UK version.

Thanks a lot.

Regards!!

Enviado desde mi HD1903 mediante Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
I,m looking for an original FRONT HEADLIGHT here en Europe, not UK version.
The UK (dip on other side) was only fitted to the very early Birds then the lights went 'neutral' so don't discount UK headlights ..... basically they are all the same apart from the very early ones.

Reactions: JOSONEN

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The UK (dip on other side) was only fitted to the very early Birds then the lights went 'neutral' so don't discount UK headlights ..... basically they are all the same apart from the very early ones.
Thanks for the info. The problem is that one person, here in Spain, offers a UK HEADLIGHT (clearly marked on the back) and I read that it wasn,t the same version than the standard UE

Really apreciate.

Regards!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
The answer lies in looking at the front of the light. The pictures below show my 99 Bird with a UK headlight (actually a neutral beam) so would work for you. The second photo is of my DR800 on which the dip works the wrong way for UK roads, hence the black tape!
If the light looks like my Bird light it will be fine for you. If it has a section like that on the DR (but on the other side) then it is a UK specific light.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
The answer lies in looking at the front of the light. The pictures below show my 99 Bird with a UK headlight (actually a neutral beam) so would work for you. The second photo is of my DR800 on which the dip works the wrong way for UK roads, hence the black tape!
If the light looks like my Bird light it will be fine for you. If it has a section like that on the DR (but on the other side) then it is a UK specific light. View attachment 129722 View attachment 129723
On the DR, shoudn't the tape be on the other side, blocking off the raised part of that design pattern? Basically, the elevated lens pattern that would light up the shoulder of the road in a LHD country is still exposed on your headlight, thereby shining into oncoming traffic?

hope all else is well and you're staying safe, Duck... cheers

p.s. apologies, not meaning to hijack the original thread. what TheDuck says re the neutral Blackbird headlight is not in question.

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
On the DR, shoudn't the tape be on the other side, blocking off the raised part of that design pattern?
On that headlight the covered area lit up the right hand area so wouldn't work in the UK for the MOT test. I know my MOT tester well and when the bike was being tested we checked the headlight aim and dip and then put the tape on when we had established that the beam dip did throw the light the wrong way due to the pattern on the glass.
What I have ended up with is a neutral light.

Reactions: ravi

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for the answers. It seems like i could reapair my original HEADLIGHT.

Let,s see.

Best regards!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts