Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally successful at turning my Bird into the Super-Sport Tourer she was meant to be. However; I still have the stock exhaust and want something just a little bit deeper and throatier to show off that monster of an engine. At the same time; I don't want something that will annoy me or wake the neighbors 2 blocks away. I daily drive a Shelby GT500 and put an exhaust on that can be loud when I want it, but tolerable when I am commuting. That is what I am looking for here.

Realistic budget is around $500
I have KN Filter
Power gain is not as important as sound and livability
Don't want shiny chrome
I considered keeping the stock cans, but I'd rather have a nicer sound.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,220 Posts
Well I have DanMoto and I love that the carbon fiber ones are 1.5 pounds each. They are loud though. I believe DaveJB has a set of Yoshimura slip on that he wants to sell. PM him. They are in good shape. They have a deeper sound and I don't think they are as loud. I drive away in the morning and no complaints so far. I don't hammer it either. There would be complaints then. I have a video on my XXGUY YouTube channel of my DanMoto pipes after I put them on. Oh, they are half the price of Two Brothers (loud) and Yoshimura.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Warlord

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just listened to some DL10's doing a dyno run and I might be in love!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have DanMoto and I love that the carbon fiber ones are 1.5 pounds each. They are loud though. I believe DaveJB has a set of Yoshimura slip on that he wants to sell. PM him. They are in good shape. They have a deeper sound and I don't think they are as loud. I drive away in the morning and no complaints so far. I don't hammer it either. There would be complaints then. I have a video on my XXGUY YouTube channel of my DanMoto pipes after I put them on. Oh, they are half the price of Two Brothers (loud) and Yoshimura.

I love the look and the price(!!!), but yea, those are too loud for what I am looking for (watched your video). I could probably get away with the optional DB killers they sell but my experience with DB killers is less than stellar.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,220 Posts
I love the look and the price(!!!), but yea, those are too loud for what I am looking for (watched your video). I could probably get away with the optional DB killers they sell but my experience with DB killers is less than stellar.
I put them in and they didn't do anything... maybe give it a little deeper sound. PM DaveJB those Yoshimura slip ons are nice. I was going to buy them but he didn't have them available so I got a used set of DanMoto pipes for almost Nothing. I talked to him in late June. He still had them.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,220 Posts
I always thought Two Brothers sounded like a long slow fart especially on the 250 posers.
My daughter had a NC700X and a two brothers sounded wonderful on that long stroke parallel twin.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've got the two brothers and they sound great. Not too loud and are deep sounding so no complaints from the neighbors(screw em and their basketballs anyway). My garage is attached next to the kitchen, so they make the hanging pans vibrate against each other from the frequencies produced and not sound pressure if that makes any sense. But, you will lose some low end and gain high end.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've got the two brothers and they sound great. Not too loud and are deep sounding so no complaints from the neighbors(screw em and their basketballs anyway). My garage is attached next to the kitchen, so they make the hanging pans vibrate against each other from the frequencies produced and not sound pressure if that makes any sense. But, you will lose some low end and gain high end.
I had Two Bros too loud, sold them for yoshi

·
Administrator
9,124 Posts
HeY Hey be nice I'm running 2 brothers on mine now. Has a very good growl to it the only system I have ever heard sound deeper is the Jardine R1's my youngest has on his 03.

·
Registered
104 Posts
HeY Hey be nice I'm running 2 brothers on mine now. Has a very good growl to it the only system I have ever heard sound deeper is the Jardine R1's my youngest has on his 03.
in not a noise fan all, i want is to go on a ride without earplugs installed i have akras on my busa and man they are so quiet compared to the bird its so refreshing to go on a ride without being a nuisance to myself

·
Administrator
9,124 Posts
Understand completely😁

1 - 13 of 13 Posts