Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I fitted vario 50mm low peg kit, I know some people mite think there to low, but I have not ground them out yet, I've also got the jaws flat bar kit, and raised my seat by 20mm with a gel pad, makes my bird really easy to ride now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do these put your feet out wider like the jaws pegs do? The jaws pegs were the most uncomfortable thing I did to the bike! I rode 300 miles with them and the pain they caused in my hips was horrible. I took them off for the way home.
erm never had the jaws pegs my self, the vario ones are about what OEM spacing is sticking out, if you get them you would have to lower the brake pedel as low as it will go, and even then you mite have to actully take your foot of push down on the brake, your gear change pedal should be fine like mine, i will take some pictures tomorrow, so you can decide if its worth you getting them.
putting a gel pad in my seat to higher it another 20mm also helps, i am 6ft4, disabled from RTA in 2004, head on in northwales, had extensive right leg reconstruction, so i know what you mite be feeling lol, another one was to use a leather tank cover, helps cut down on vibs in your knees, and also helps with the cold fresh fuel on winter days killing your knees.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do these put your feet out wider like the jaws pegs do? The jaws pegs were the most uncomfortable thing I did to the bike! I rode 300 miles with them and the pain they caused in my hips was horrible. I took them off for the way home.
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Hood Bicycle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle part Vehicle brake Rim
Tire Bicycle Wheel Crankset Bicycle frame
Shoe Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Line
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire

·
Registered
94 Posts
My bird never came with the oem pegs, but from what i can figure out, the vario pegs are about normal stick out, the 20mm gel pad i put in the seat did make a differance and gave a little bit more leg room, i have restrictive bend from my RTA and operations, if i can answer any questions, just ask.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The downside is that the 50mm vario pegs are £120! A lot to spend if they don't suit.
yep the ££££ never stops when you need to try and make things fit you. if you already have the jaws ones then the only thing i could surgest is increase your seat hight. its going to be a tough one for you.and like XXGUY surgested the free option is to exercise your hips if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts