Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all as im getting older I need my handle bars up as far as I can get them.
Does anyone know if the VFR bars suit the Blackbird. Or do I need t modify the cables ETC???

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,596 Posts
Welcome creynolds. Another downunderer!
Do a search and you fill heaps about this. Basic answer is yes but you need to choose the right gen of vfr to suit the 43mm fork tubes of the bb.
Which state are you?

·
Registered
311 Posts
The throttle and brake cables are long enough, although they might need to be re-routed a little bit.
The throttle cables are a bit tight on full r/h lock, but not enough to increase engine revs.
Depending on the angle you have your brake reservour clamped to the lever, you may need to remove a bit off the lug next to the brake line to get it to sit right.

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
Also if you find the cables are too tight at full lock. Order a set of carby cables they are about 2 inches longer. So you can run your current until they come in.

·
Registered
599 Posts
vfr efi 2001 to 2004 43 mm id and with the peg at the front like the original bars , pretty much plug and play fitment , just cut the brake master spigot

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put VFR bars on. They just barely fit without changing cables. Also took an electric carving knife to my stock seat down about 1.5 inches. The combined difference transfers the weight off the wrists to the butt and makes long rides very tolerable. Added a powerbronze windscreen and those three changes together really tranformed my blackbird. Very little wind blast. Can ride for hours now. I'm 61 about 6' 170lbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if the VFR bars suit the Blackbird. Or do I need t modify the cables ETC???
hi creynolds i had the same problem and i am 62 so i fitted a handle bar kit from ebay

jawsmotorcycles

jawsmotorcycles
and its the best thing i ever did. easy to fit apart from the new etc cable extension but well worth it
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-12 at 14.30.14.jpeg

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've had two sets of after market "Heli-bars" on my '03 and ;01 XXs. They work very well too. Not sure if they are still available from that manufacturer however.

·
Registered
325 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Hello fellow fighter pilot!
Here's another option. Triumph bars! THE LONG VERSION From 2007 Triump1050ST. Ebay for $90US!

Yes! Here some pics. And are taller than VFR bars...

I'll probably install them like pics below... Pics above are reversed. Up to you.

CABLES ARE LONG ENUFF! BUT WILL HAVE TO MOVE THEM AROUND SLIGHTLY. Plan on either powder coating or anodizing Black. Hope this helps! Good luck!

·
Registered
139 Posts
At full lock, either right or left, how much turning is sacrificed due to the taller bars contacting the fairing?

·
Registered
325 Posts
At full lock, either right or left, how much turning is sacrificed due to the taller bars contacting the fairing?
Hello fellow fighter pilot! None whatsoever. A little hard to see but left clutch res. passes under windscreen same as right. Big thanks to Hux.

NOTE: In this pic these are NOT Triumph bar ends...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi I love the idea of getting the bars up that high without fouling the fairing etc. You mention the 'LONG VERSION'. To clarify: Are the Sprint bars available in two sizes, standard and tall? Or did you mean they are taller than the VFR bars.

Regards

Steve
Hello Fellow Fighter Pilot! Yes they made them short AND long for the Sprint 1050ST. They're also much taller than VFR bars... Hope that helps!

·
Registered
325 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts