Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I am going to install risers and handle bars on my bird and at the same time I'm going to use this chance to use the Jaws de-link kit but have not been able to find a difinitive answer on the length of the brake lines and the clutch line needed for this change.

The risers I have are 60mm and the bars are another approx 60mm.

So could someone please recommend for me the required length of brake and clutch lines or even what additional length is needed.

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
The Jaws lines are too long anyway. They worked for my riser setup just fine, with inches to spare.

The clutch line should be 42" plus banjos.

Usual proviso - it worked for me, can't guarantee... etc.

The information is here, just have to use the search function.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that. I have been searching but couldnt just get a difinitive answer. Happy days so..

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just purchased and fitted the straight bars from Jaws and as I thought the stock lines are too short. After measurement found I needed another 4/5 inches on both lines(clutch/brake) for comfortable slack in all movements. Jaws were shocked it was so much, but with the bars as I want them this is what it works out, anyone done this bar-riser mod. Even with the VFR800 bars my lines were snagging so maybe I have really short clutch/front brake lines?

·
Registered
66 Posts
HAY PATYOGI SORRY YOU COULD'nt make the cat run out we did Have you heard from bandit recently ...?

·
Registered
450 Posts
HAY PATYOGI SORRY YOU COULD'nt make the cat run out we did Have you heard from bandit recently ...?
Hi. No had the bike up on stands at the mo, changing all the fluid lines, to braided hoses, and fitting high bars for touring next year. New disc pads all round and brake strip down, oil change and filters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts