Honda CBR XX Forum banner

H.I.D. Conversion

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Doug66 
#1 ·
hey guys, i have a 98 bird, everyone that see's her thinks that she just came off the showroom floor, i was thinking about doing the H.I.D. conversion, i have read on here that everyone who does it loves it. So...how would i go about doing it? can i just go to the junkyard and get some true H.I.D.'s out of a lexus or benz and convert or is there another way? BTW...i am poor college student, so the cheapest way is best...i can do most work myself, thanks guys. Keep two on the road.

#2 ·
You need a HID conversion kit which you can get off ebay for <$100. The slim ballast take less room.

The cheapest way to go would be to split a kit with a friend.

A lot of people do just the low beam or just the high. I did both but the high is my favorite. You can really light up a dark road at night and I leave it on during the day.

I also went with a low 4300K which is the most visible / usable light and looks very white - not blue or purple.

PS When you start the bike, hold the starter button and turn the key. That way the bike is running prior to the HID starting.

#5 ·
Try the Philips Extreme Xenon replacement bulbs next best thing to HIDs, unless you are doing lot's of night riding. They work for me 80% more light than standard and voted best bulb for the last 2 years. About 22.50GBP a pair delivered from the UK powerbulbs.com :thumb:

#6 ·
:plus1: - If your doing it on the cheap the Philips globes are the go, and easy to fit. - Mind you I get lots of great comments about HID, visible bright and can be seen! :thumb:

Your choice, either way they are brighter/whiter than stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.