Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, folks, here we go:

I have a Group Buy for the PC-IIIusb set up for the CBR1100XX, and it starts tomorrow (hopefully).

Model years covered: 1999-2003 (also '04-'05 for Euro and Oz Blackbirds)

The price is: $253.15, includes includes all cabling, OEM connectors, etc (doesn't include shipping).

It is my understanding from DynoJet that California and European models need the Oxygen Sensor eliminator kit. It retails for $30; still waiting to hear what our price will be under this Group Buy.

Here's how this GB will work:

When my vendor gives me the word, I'll point you gentlemen to his normal business website. You'll order up a PC-III just as the man-off-the-street would, but when you get to the checkout page, you will enter in a special Discount Code that he provides me with.

This will re-calculate your total price to reflect the Group Buy rate of $253.15

It's a California-based vendor, so if the shipping address is in California, you'll get boned for CA sales tax... (sorry, Cal dudes! :crap:)

You'll pay via credit card on his SSL secure server, just like any internet transaction.

Shipping is via UPS, and will be actual UPS charges only. Your geographical location determines your shipping costs.

This is only for the Blackbird, but it's concievable that I might be able to get this same pricing for the Kawi ZX-14 dudes, and the R1 guys (those two models only). Won't know that until tomorrow....

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: GROUP BUY: Power Commander-IIIusb

PC-IIIusb Group Buy ==> Starts NOW!

Motorcycles that are eligible:

• Honda CBR1100XX, 1999-2003 model years ('04-'05 Euro and Oz Blackbird, too!
  • Kawasaki ZX-14, 2006 model year (duh)
  • Kawasaki ZX-12R series (all model years)
  • Yamaha YZF-R1, 2002-2006 model years
  • Yamaha YZF-R6, 2003-2006 model years
Here are the exact details you'll need.
  1. Surf to vendor's web page for this GB: Sportbike Effects .com - Product Categories
  2. Select one of the three manufacturers: (Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki)
  3. When the page comes up, select your model year bike, and add it to your cart.
  4. Don't be concerned that the price displays as $305... it will be discounted during checkout.
  5. Enter your zip code on this initial shopping cart page, and your country of origin. Press the "Checkout" button again.
  6. On the ensuing page, fill out your personal and shipping data.
  7. ENSURE you check the box next to the words "Please click here if you are in acceptance of our terms and conditions."
  8. Now comes the critical part: in the field that says Coupon or Discount Number, enter: WarchildXX
  9. You'll go through a couple more alert panels to prompt you for correct entries, then hit the "Checkout" button again.
  10. The next page shows you what UPS Ground charges will be for you (based on the address you previously entered). Hit the Checkout button again.
  11. NOW you will see the actual price (plus shipping) after removing the $51.85 discount.
  12. Complete the transaction as usual. The SSL secure server the vendor uses is kinda plain-jane, but is quite secure, believe me.
OVERSEAS Shipping: if the shipping address is overseas, than UPS will NOT be used, rather, the USPS will be used. You need to email the vendor BEFORE ORDERING to discuss your shipping costs!!

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

I am NOT PART of the transaction between you and the Vendor! I only set this up.... you are responsible for any questions/issues that may come up. All questions/concerns/clarifications can be directed to the Vendor.

His full contact info is on his web site.

Okay, then, go grab one at a killer price, before any of his stock gets sold out and you are on backorder! ;)

PC-IIIusb Group Buy ends on Friday, Oct 27, 2006

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: GROUP BUY: Power Commander III USB

what about the o2 sensor thingy (price/discount), i have a pc but no o2 thingy do i really need one ? whats the lcd disply ? sorry guys im new here.....mine is a 01cali model w/ yoshi/rs3

·
Registered
286 Posts

If you currently have an O2 sensor then you need one, if not then no.

The LCD Display connects to any Power Commander USB via a "quick disconnect" cable. It is designed to remain on the bike and is weatherproof. While connected, the unit will display all available data from the Power Commander. When the optional Multi-Function hub is also installed all of its data is available for viewing as well.

Multiple maps can be stored in the on board memory. These maps can be sent to the Power Commander "on the fly". Additionally, maps can be adjusted using the controls on the display.

The LCD Display has the ability to log the data being displayed for later analysis.

There is a SD Memory card slot (memory sold separately) so that the amount of data storage for maps and logging can be increased at any time

·
Registered
9 Posts

ummm , my bike came with an o2 sensor but i put a yoshi on and it doesnt have a place to mount the o2 so i just taped it up:idunno: ....it was a year or so ago and someone just said to do that.:rant: ...should i reconsider :confused: , now that there is an alternative ? btw my p/c is not a usb but a serial port ( so no lcd thingy for me ?):crying: any help here would be appreciated .:thumb:

·
Registered
286 Posts

Yes, you need this:

The system is designed to read the Oxygen sensor under certain conditions and temporarily change the air/fuel ratio. The closed loop circuit has a very limited operating range, which is only in effect while holding a steady speed at certain rpm's and throttle positions. In this limited area, the stock system (with or without the Power Commander) will gradually and temporarily lean out the air fuel ratio in an attempt to achieve an air/fuel ratio of 14.7:1 (stochiometric).
The Oxygen sensors can be disconnected but this will trip the F.I. dash warning light.
Oxygen Sensor eliminator kit

For California and some European Honda models that have oxygen sensors. The kit disables the closed loop system for racing use
(note - two required for VFR800 models)​

Part Number 76423005
$15.00

·
Registered
164 Posts

Thanks for setting this up Dale. Got confirmation yesterday that my new PCIII is in the post WOOHOO. Already booked the dyno, just gotta get the Yoshi's and I'm set.

Mike

·
Registered
574 Posts

Dale,
Are you planning to post a list (database) of downloadable Power commander maps in a special forum section for members to try on their bikes (with reference to bike mods for each map)? :twocents:

·
Registered
574 Posts

I see that the Powercommander website has quite a few downloadable maps already. A few combinations that our members can experiment with may also take into account sprocket changes, rider weight, (average altitude where ridden), etc., may be some of the data that can be supplied by the members who have experienced positive results. A maximum fuel economy map may also be an interesting option for some of the members as well. This additional information may only slightly effect engine tuning but rather "bike performance/feel" which, while somewhat subjective, may allow some members to pick a map that more closely mirrors their particular combination of engine mods and rider characteristics. I have to believe that rider weight or bike gearing, which may not be a large factor on a dyno roller, is important in the real world. IMHO

Dale, with your vast experience,:nworthy2: I'm sure you can set up the questionare with the appropriate metrics necessary for an even better state of tune.
I hope that my logic isn't terribly flawed.:beatup:

·
Registered
14 Posts

Hi WestOZBird....I'm running the same Yoshi's as you on my 03 Bird.
Would you mind droping me a note as to the effectiveness of the PCIII once you land and fit it.
Thanks in anticipation.
Cheers
Errol/QldKiwi

1 - 17 of 17 Posts