Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Me… I'm just a "time-poor" diy bodger with a dream or two.
then "DO"....I decided to stop dreaming and just "DO"...I tend to build things in my head first once it look right in my head and work, then I act. the only problem is when I run out of material in my head then I first have to imagine driving to the hardware store and back...pending time of day I might catch peak traffic, then the whole thought process takes longer and that is why most of my ideas is between 1am-6am, no traffic....lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
The "do"ing conflicts with the spare time I have to "do", ergo "time-poor".

Hence I'm long on ideas, short on progress. Most of my project are very slow burn but they do come to fruition (e.g. wing-ed crash shrooms). I love to throw thle ideas out there as others have way better skills and perhaps more time than me so may well get there first but at least we as a group of BB devotees communally gain faster.

Welcome to your new home no matter how long or short you may wish to tarry.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Good Day, for some Good Evening, I call myself "The Caveman Engineer" reason being I just believe you can do anything you put your mind to and be anyone you want to be. Now that sound a bit weird I know, what I mean is, I can be a spray painter for a day or a mechanical engineer the next. Now we all know custom parts off-the-shelf is like searching for chicken teeth, and the custom parts that are available is universal. when ever someone tell me I can't get something for my bike or do something to it or I cant find a specific part or it does not exist, my words to them is always "I will build it and I will only use a half brick and a 10" nail. It will look the same, function the same and will look factory OEM, it just wasn't made the same." my other slogan is (and with this I always refer to those weird guys that rides the busses) "I don't Accessorise, I customise", Anyway back to me, I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. my first BB is a 2002 Fi Candy Red. Now I am no Real engineer or have the knowledge, I don't have to go spend years of my life studying these things if I'm only going to use it one day to be able to build something. so I enrolled for short courses at UGC (the University of Google Chrome) and my Facilitator / Instructor / Proffessor is Dr. Y T Ube.

So most of my threads will be about my Fi as I am building a full custom show bike. Now some might like what I do and many Die Heart brand Nazi's will not and I become even more innovative with criticism and welcome it. here is another thing, I know nothing about Blackbirds and info out there is few on "how to".

So when I started this build, it was as a hobby and I wanted to build an Show piece Blackbird but not for shows, for self appreciation but then something happened and lets just say "challenge accepted". That is when a Hobby became an obsession which is now an addiction. This was my vision when I started, I'm going to do to this BB what no one has ever done, will do or have the "BALLS" to do. I was told not to do it cause I'm gonna look like a clown. Ladies & Squires, Pennywise was born....I introduce to you "Pennywise CBR 1100 UNIQUE BLACKBIRD -
That bike's got charisma. Like it's owner!
Hey, question, how did you keep the "Nissin"word unsprayed/silver when you painted the rest of the caliper black?
It all looks amazing mate. I even showed my kids who have zero interest in Blackbirds!
Nato.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts