Honda CBR XX Forum banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'd be interested in that tank cover in Silver Grey - Mallow1 do you have exact contact details ?, I don't mind ordering separately…
WhatsApp: (852) 6998 3630

That WA number (listed in their website contacts section) proved a great way to chat (time differences permitting) re the tank cover and overall discuss my my full deal.

NB I must get round to try fitting it before you get too excited ?

·
Registered
845 Posts
If you go into one of the fairing sets then it's one of the additional options at US$89
View attachment 118775
yes they quoted me $140 - will leave it on the burner for a future date

I could buy one unpainted much cheaper and just get it painted - can get Honda wings decal here in Thailand at Honda shop very cheap so I have options

cheers for the detailed response

·
Registered
201 Posts
did you ask for no decals ?

Affirmative! I did my own decals! Through my brother the graphic artist! Basically taking existing decals and modifying them to my spec... The wing tank logo is SICK!!! Will save that for the end!

So ended up removing wing tank logo... Found it clashed a bit with white wings.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wow that's absolutely gorgeous, wonder how it looks in normal daylight thou? think the lighting has alot to do with that photo.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Wow that's absolutely gorgeous, wonder how it looks in normal daylight thou? think the lighting has alot to do with that photo.

Yes the lighting makes it but generally it looks good - they sent me sample of decals but they are in white - have asked them to change to lettering to silver

s-l1610.jpg

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #170 (Edited)
So glad I was willing to be one of the guinea pigs and so many of you have tried out and have been happy with your Chinese fairings*. I've had a total of 3 sets from there now, two for the Bird and one for my ZX-9R and they've all been as awesome as can be.

Most of the time in life, we try to help others and feel like ain't NOBODY listening, well, at least I do. LOL. So, it's nice to see I may have helped out some people.

*Yes, I'm a little tongue in cheek giving myself credit. ;)

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
So glad I was willing to be one of the guinea pigs and so many of you have tried out and have been happy with your Chinese fairings*. I've had a total of 3 sets from there now, two for the Bird and one for my ZX-9R and they've all been as awesome as can be.

Most of the time in life, we try to help others and feel like ain't NOBODY listening, well, at least I do. LOL. So, it's nice to see I may have helped out some people.

*Yes, I'm a little tongue in cheek giving myself credit. ;)
Put up the link to your fairings contact and the name of them, So every one knows which ones are the good ones,

I have had 3 sets, One absolute shit, Thermoform, One was so so and I had problems fitting it and one set that was perfect in every way,
Problem being I lost the contact of the good set, New PC, Updated OS, And just time since I bought them,

Cheers, Brian,

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Put up the link to your fairings contact and the name of them, So every one knows which ones are the good ones,

I have had 3 sets, One absolute shit, Thermoform, One was so so and I had problems fitting it and one set that was perfect in every way,
Problem being I lost the contact of the good set, New PC, Updated OS, And just time since I bought them,

Cheers, Brian,
That's the difference - I knew not to get Thermoform (but this was in 2014 and maybe when you bought yours injection molded ABS wasn't common).

I bought mine from these guys, and a couple years later had them custom paint a 2nd set to copy the V&M Anniversary livery. 1st page of thread I believe: https://www.ebay.com/sch/ultra_supplier/m.html?_nkw=CBR1100XX

·
The Kyle®
28 Posts
So I'm looking at this "Ultra_Supplier" ebay seller now as well. However I ONLY need the upper cowl. Will this guy sell just one piece or do you need to buy an entire set?? Also, if I do have to purchase an entire set, my bike is a '98.... can I get one that DOESN'T say "Fuel Injected"?

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,865 Posts
So I'm looking at this "Ultra_Supplier" ebay seller now as well. However I ONLY need the upper cowl. Will this guy sell just one piece or do you need to buy an entire set?? Also, if I do have to purchase an entire set, my bike is a '98.... can I get one that DOESN'T say "Fuel Injected"?
Why don't you contact them and ask? I know you can put on or delete decals. Choose color etc.
My question for you is... why not buy a whole set for the money? Then you have spares ready to go. Unless you don't have storage space.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
They do reply to emails. Check out their website here for their email address. I think you'll find the savings of getting just the upper won't be worth it as I expect the shipping costs them a lot of money. And yes, they'll do whatever you want for the decals.

Ultrasupplier's Store

·
Registered
279 Posts
I asked a similar questions and they replied that I could just order certain panels.

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 using Tapatalk

·
The Kyle®
28 Posts
I did send them an email through ebay. I didn't see a standalone website to look at. You might be right, I do have the storage room. Might be worth saving the rest as spares or just selling individually to someone else that might need help.

Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If I can get my Bird sorted mechanically, this thread has inspired me to get a kit as the next part of the project. Some cracking looking bikes, lads. Dave, yours is absolutely gorgeous. Think red is the way to go!

161 - 178 of 178 Posts