Honda CBR XX Forum banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry this is going back a while Wodge but.. The foam liners, are they glued to the fairing panels? Mine are installed but they just kind of hang there located by the engine covers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I will be able to add to this thread in the next month or so as I just purchased Addmotor Injection Plastic Fairing Fit Blackbird CBR1100XX 1996 2007 Gray H11590 | eBay.

Looks like what they are calling "gray" is actually what we call titanium. Updates to follow.
So...One month turned into 18 months. My wife was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis right after I started the project. It took quite some time, and I really didn't know what I was doing, but I FINALLY got the fairings and exhaust done. I still need to get the chain & sprockets replaced, along with the tires, but with my wife not able to work it is almost impossible to save the cash for even that. I think I did an adequate(barely) job with the fairings but I struggled with the fitment. It looks good, but definitely not factory, but that is most likely me, not the fairings. I DO want to find a true OEM replacement fairing bolt kit; the aftermarket kit I bought fits but doesn't really look quite as "finished", if you know what I mean. Beyond the sprocket, chain, and tires, my next challenge will be the decals. IMG_20161119_150716.jpg IMG_20161119_150833.jpg IMG_20161209_121521.jpg IMG_20161209_121616.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
So...One month turned into 18 months. My wife was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis right after I started the project. It took quite some time, and I really didn't know what I was doing, but I FINALLY got the fairings and exhaust done. I still need to get the chain & sprockets replaced, along with the tires, but with my wife not able to work it is almost impossible to save the cash for even that. I think I did an adequate(barely) job with the fairings but I struggled with the fitment. It looks good, but definitely not factory, but that is most likely me, not the fairings. I DO want to find a true OEM replacement fairing bolt kit; the aftermarket kit I bought fits but doesn't really look quite as "finished", if you know what I mean. Beyond the sprocket, chain, and tires, my next challenge will be the decals. View attachment 78105 View attachment 78113 View attachment 78121 View attachment 78129
Looking good Jmacn31. I know a bit about what you are going through with your wife, my wife was diagnosed with MS in 2008, we went through some difficult times but she has recently finished a 5 year drug trial and has had amazing results, the treatment she is on is now called Lemtrada, all the best, don't give up hope.

Riggs

·
Registered
79 Posts
HKBB - the Chinese aftermarket ones can be a bit of a challenge fitment-wise, but in the end they look good. I am currently saving to do another fairing swap, I think I want to go with something a little more flashy - maybe the Repsol kit...I dunno, maybe not. I have so many other things I want to shine/polish/replace....Mine looks like a junker compared to most here. Still the single-best motorcycle I have ever ridden though.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
HKBB - the Chinese aftermarket ones can be a bit of a challenge fitment-wise, but in the end they look good. I am currently saving to so another fairing swap, I thnk I want to go with something a little more flashy - maybe the Repsol kit...I dunno, maybe not. I have so many other things I want to shine/polish/replace....Mine looks like a junker compared to most here. Still the single-best motorcycle I have ever ridden though.
Keep up the piece by piece before long it'll be looking some fo those bikes your talking about.

·
Registered
970 Posts
this is why i'm holding back on purchasing them...how can they have fitment issues if they're supposedly injection molded from OEM?
It's like most things from China, it just depends on the company and quality controls they have in place and how they make the moulds ;)
I've heard some horror stories with them and some that fit very well ;)

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
My last set of injected fairings fitted extremely well,
This set of injected fairings from a Different company, Dont fit so well at all,
The holes need reaming out,
I am not sure yet, but I think the bottom will hit the exhaust, As its too long,
They are different, Injected versus injected from different companys,

Not as bad as the thermoform ones, Which are real crap,
Still working on getting them to fit,

Have now fitted my new Fairings,

Do not buy fairings from Motormart 11, Their fitment isnt very good,
Paint and finish is good tho,
Just the holes are not right and they dont have recessed holes in the big fairings,
So the big Honda bolts wont fit,

I will have to find my last fairing supplier, from four years ago, They were perfect,

·
Registered
6,949 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,753 Posts
I been thinking of buying a set as my originals are scuffed from when the daughter tipped it over after filling up the tank... and then buying another set that has a wild paint job and then paint my extra tank too. Could flip flop my bike colors!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
It is hard to get an answer from these guys on ebay, the picture shows what I posted and the description say 12 pc set so very hard to understand exactly what comes in the box. Anyway I have changed my mind and I'm looking at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122919064842?ul_noapp=true again the picture shows only the 6 pieces without the infill panels but the description say 12 pieces - I have asked the seller for clarification

I think all these Chinese ebay shops are all resellers from the same factory that churns these out silver.jpg

I have had my BB a very long time (Black) and I'm considering a change of colour, what do people thing of this untitled.png

is it a bit overboard ?, not thinking of the full red wheels but a trim strip - I think it is cool and I like the colour

opinions ?

121 - 140 of 177 Posts