Honda CBR XX Forum banner

101 - 120 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
They are both the same bike. The bike in my profile is what it looked like when I bought it in December. The avatar pic is what it looks like now. I will post pics in the what have you done to your bb when it is all done. I ordered a red fairing like yours but with silver decals not Chrome. Delete the fi decals off the tail and make the black portion of the fairing Matt black. What I received was their standard kit and colours.
Maplexx has introduced me to a great painter that is going to reshoot the plastics. I am getting the correct decals from China. I think I will ride it like it is for the summer and winter tear it all apart again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
They are both the same bike. The bike in my profile is what it looked like when I bought it in December. The avatar pic is what it looks like now. I will post pics in the what have you done to your bb when it is all done. I ordered a red fairing like yours but with silver decals not Chrome. Delete the fi decals off the tail and make the black portion of the fairing Matt black. What I received was their standard kit and colours.
Maplexx has introduced me to a great painter that is going to reshoot the plastics. I am getting the correct decals from China. I think I will ride it like it is for the summer and winter tear it all apart again.
i got my set recently and a, extremly happy with them, they are a really deep candy red with tinted clear and looks like a bit of gold and red flake.... wasnt expecting that for a dirt cheap chinese kit and it fitted perfectly. goes completely against what i had heard from others.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As I can see ultra_supplier dont have to the Titanium model... And how do I know its for a carb or a injektion model ? mine is a carb, soo I need the right back panel for that taillight.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Okay Dave, I just ordered my set of silver fairings. Should be here Feb 9th. I hope they fit as good as your.
Sands, how did the silver kit come out. Just had a bit of an accident myself and need to replace nose and side. Did the color match the tank fairly well? I do have the bagster tank cover so it is not that big a deal, but would still like to hear that the paint matched. Can you post some pics?

Thanks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
1432501682709.jpg 1432501747858.jpg Color is good just tad darker but not that nonoticeable. Be sure to spspecify Type of stickers and where you want them. Order matts for lower farings now they take awawhile to get.

[GUOTE=MDRSK;368078]Sands, how did the silver kit come out. Just had a bit of an accident myself and need to replace nose and side. Did the color match the tank fairly well? I do have the bagster tank cover so it is not that big a deal, but would still like to hear that the paint matched. Can you post some pics?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
View attachment 55367 View attachment 55368 Color is good just tad darker but not that nonoticeable. Be sure to spspecify Type of stickers and where you want them. Order matts for lower farings now they take awawhile to get.

[GUOTE=MDRSK;368078]Sands, how did the silver kit come out. Just had a bit of an accident myself and need to replace nose and side. Did the color match the tank fairly well? I do have the bagster tank cover so it is not that big a deal, but would still like to hear that the paint matched. Can you post some pics?

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Cool looking pipes U got on there dude.
STex

·
Registered
878 Posts
Curious -- has anyone bought a set of the gray fairings? I know the Titanium color is sometimes referred to as gray, so I'm wondering how close they might be.

Or, has anyone purchased the kit unpainted? My painter can get the Titanium Pain from Colorrite so this might be a better option if they are available naked.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
View attachment 55367 View attachment 55368 Color is good just tad darker but not that nonoticeable. Be sure to spspecify Type of stickers and where you want them. Order matts for lower farings now they take awawhile to get.
Thanks for the response and posting pics. Looks good to me. Not sure how to specify sticker style and placement on the site. Do you just call them or send an email? I would prefer getting black or even dark gray "XX" instead of gold which only works if I had a DID gold chain, IMO. Wondering if they can ship without any stickers since I am thinking of using the UK style raised insignia. Did you paint your stator cover silver as well? If so, what paint did you use? Did you need high temp? I have some matching silver paint that I previously bought from colorite to touch up the bags and could use to do the stator cover if the heat generated would not affect regular paint.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Color is good just tad darker but not that nonoticeable. Be sure to spspecify Type of stickers and where you want them. Order matts for lower farings now they take awawhile to get.

[
I like your frame plugs. Where did you get those?

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi! Did you get the top cowl piece too? Are you happy with that part? I need one or to get mine fixed...
Thanks, Neal

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
101 - 120 of 177 Posts