Honda CBR XX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
That's purty (for a red one)...:rotfl: ...I'm happy to see how good those chrome decals look!
I ordered a set for my black bird and was a little worried about how shiny they are but now I can't wait to get them on..... they look great.
Well done!!

Oh boy, haven't had a chance to see the Red Rocket out in the sun for the most part. Here she is :) :wacking:

View attachment 53090 View attachment 53091 View attachment 53092 View attachment 53093 View attachment 53094 View attachment 53096 View attachment 53103

·
Registered
261 Posts
oh man i really really like the grey with red wheels... but next in line is cooling>suspension>cosmeticsedit: also i think it sucks that you still need to get the tank painted

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
Oh boy, haven't had a chance to see the Red Rocket out in the sun for the most part. Here she is :cycle:

View attachment 53090 View attachment 53091 View attachment 53092 View attachment 53093 View attachment 53094 View attachment 53096 View attachment 53103
That looks great, Dave. Fantastic price and quality.

FWIW, I had to replace one of my panels a while ago. I just went with OEM. The panel was a shade darker than the originals and quite obvious in some light conditions, so maybe the paint does change over time. No scientific evidence to back it up, but I think it may just be time that does it. The bike spent all of it's life indoors (PO and me) when not being ridden. And goodness knows it's not like we get much sun here! Lol.

Fairford.jpg

You can see the difference between the nose cone (original) and the side panel (new). Oh, and the paint surface was relatively easy to scratch too. Looks like it's 1-0 aftermarket vs.OEM

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
My tank is proof of the color red changing. It came with a half red leather cover that protects the back of the tank. Take the cover off and there's a nice line between the two colors with the one under the cover a tad darker. So I have to leave that cover on forever. That's a long time....................

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The black space on your new lowers is a perfect spot for a HONDA decal (or similar) if you've ever had the desire to add such a thing.
I'm really particular about keeping my vehicles clean and simple... even to the point of stripping factory names etc..... but for some reason I have
the insane desire to add a couple of decals on my BB
I haven't done it yet.... maybe I'll forget about it by spring.......:bitchslap:

Oh boy, haven't had a chance to see the Red Rocket out in the sun for the most part. Here she is :cycle:

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,785 Posts
My tank is proof of the color red changing. It came with a half red leather cover that protects the back of the tank. Take the cover off and there's a nice line between the two colors with the one under the cover a tad darker. So I have to leave that cover on forever. That's a long time....................
Same thing with my tank protector. Bike is in the sun when at work.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
ahh so now we won't be riding with the bandaid bike you just need to get the bearings in the headstem put in now as well.

·
N00b
40 Posts
The BB im looking at is gonne need new farings, as per beestoys, so im gonna have to keep this post in mind. i think i wanna do white though...with gold trimming. sex on wheels. ill ride a White Pony, IDGAF lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good post, I've been eyeballing aftermarket fairing sets before I even got the bike, I knew it had rash on the right lower. Fitment & long shipping time was a issue but for around that $419 mark it sure beats buying the same aftermarket set located here in the states for almost $200 or $300 more!

·
Registered
281 Posts
oh man i really really like the grey with red wheels... but next in line is cooling>suspension>cosmeticsedit: also i think it sucks that you still need to get the tank painted
I have been looking and talking with ultra_supplier. They will sell you paint to do your tank. I have a red bird and the extra paint will be an extra $30. Good price for red.

·
N00b
40 Posts
I have been looking and talking with ultra_supplier. They will sell you paint to do your tank. I have a red bird and the extra paint will be an extra $30. Good price for red.

In y'alls opinion, would that be the best course of action? Or would it maybe be better to take it in with the new farings and say "match this"? Im just worried about the quality of the paint and color. It may match, but for how long? How bad and fast will the fade be? Are these reasonable concerns or do I need to go sit in a corner now?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think if it is going to fade it will do it as the same rate as the new fairing. If I were to buy the paint here in Canada. I will have to get a gallon at the cost of $325. Plus clear and to pay somebody to put it on.

61 - 80 of 177 Posts