Honda CBR XX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I do know that he stock finish is Poly (as in Polyurethane), both color and clear. Poly's all the rage right now in Hot Rods because it's got a mile-deep shine and it's flexible. It's expensive. It's used on bumper covers too. I bought an aftermarket bumper cover and it's painted with Enamel. Chips real easy.

I would send a question to the seller, but I think they use Poly on these.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did ur fairing kit come with heat shields installed on side pieces...if so where about are they installed....my kit didn't come with heat shield and I didn't notice till after installing..so they sent me stick on heat shield

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have to admit, this being the first year I've owned the bird I'm amazed you can buy something that looks this good for so cheap.

My last bike you'd have paid a minimum of 100 bucks per side to replace just the side panels, let alone having them painted correctly. I like my bird black but the red birds I love too so the color JB chose would probably be what I went with. That said, anyone thinks it'd look dumb if I didn't paint the tank red too?

I just want something to bring out the carbon fiber a-tech inner cowl a little more and I think the red would do it. I'm just not sure yet if the black tank would look bad with the mostly red rest.

Could always gamble and paint the tank later if I thought so I suppose

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,865 Posts
Well my mom gave me a $100 for Christmas to spend on something I normally wouldn't buy. That and $300 more but hey...This could get rid of those scratches my #1 daughter put on the BB!
They are advertising free heat shield and a smoked windshield as free gifts now too. If I order does anyone want the smoked screen?

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,865 Posts
Yes Stex. Used the link on this thread.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Double check that XXguy. I saw many other sellers doing that but not them. I also just looked on ebay, looked at 3 of their auctions and none of them listed that. Try this search. Also, see the pic below to make sure you see this as the seller.

ultra_supplier.PNG

·
Registered
242 Posts
Double check that XXguy. I saw many other sellers doing that but not them. I also just looked on ebay, looked at 3 of their auctions and none of them listed that. Try this search. Also, see the pic below to make sure you see this as the seller.

View attachment 53083
Hi Dave
I checked this link and yes looks like they are, they have a third pic on the blue fairing offering the free screen and heat shield

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hi Dave
I checked this link and yes looks like they are, they have a third pic on the blue fairing offering the free screen and heat shield
I stand corrected. I ... swear I looked at 3 of those before I said that and didn't see that, but I see it now.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Looks super. How well was the paint match to the tank color? Sure looks fine from the pics.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
You have to look very closely but the aftermarket stuff is very slightly brighter red. I like it more than the stock color. Can't wait to see what the Red Rocket looks like after some coats of Zaino.

41 - 60 of 178 Posts