Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
They look how mine came, I hope you dont have the trouble I did putting them together, Still a lot cheaper than OEM,

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently there are a couple types of these. These are injection molded so are supposed to be perfect fit. They sure look like the OEM ones. Lastly, I'm telling you guys, in hand the paint looks unbelievable. Can't provide a URL from the mobile ebay app but their name is ultra_supplier

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Very nice indeed Dave.
I found the site and I'm interest in the fitment as well,,,keep use posted.

What are U going to do about the inner foam liners?

Stex, out

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Wow these look really good....I think we're "all" interested in how they fit.... this is the first post I've seen where someone is happy with replacement fairings!
You could be onto something here.... best of luck and keep us informed on the step by step and time it took if you can. They came with $100. worth od decals already installed too???

Gotta run so this is a quick post. Had a low speed crash last month. The quality is top notch. I can't imagine that any factory paint could look better than these do. $419 delivered IIRC.

View attachment 52779 View attachment 52780 View attachment 52781

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
my injected ones fit fair to begin with. had to clean up some of the holes. before you put them on let them sit in the sun a few days, the paint wasn't fully cured on mine so it was still a little soft and easy to scratch. a few days in the sun solved that. after they have been on the bike for a while and been through several heat cycles they fit a lot better. guess they build sort of a memory as to where they go. hope yours turn out as good as mine have.

·
Registered
259 Posts
my injected ones fit fair to begin with. had to clean up some of the holes. before you put them on let them sit in the sun a few days, the paint wasn't fully cured on mine so it was still a little soft and easy to scratch. a few days in the sun solved that. after they have been on the bike for a while and been through several heat cycles they fit a lot better. guess they build sort of a memory as to where they go. hope yours turn out as good as mine have.
\

Commrad - you get yours from the same seller as Dave?

·
sturleyau
7 Posts
Hi All,
I have been interested in these fairings for some time but am a little skeptical.
Last week I was at my service centre and discussed the chinese replacements. The mechanic said the fit wasn't good and that the holes were in the wrong place and the straight edge on the top of the lower fairings wasn't straight but wavy.
Some years ago I priced the OEM lower fairings and they were AU$650 each, last week the mechanic said they were around AU$950 and on 3 month back order. OUCH!
I have a collection of slightly damaged ones just in case I need to replace any.
Like others here I will be very interested in the fit details.

Cheers
Glenn

·
Registered
259 Posts

Greetings Blubird,

I found Dave's site and there wasn't much color selection.,...ahhhhhhh Dave,,did U go with Black?:)

Stex, out
Hey Stex,

Yeah - here's the page w/ all of them from Dave's - http://stores.ebay.ca/ultra-supplier/_i.html?_nkw=CBR1100XX&submit=Search&LH_TitleDesc=1&_sid=1136156611 - not a huge selection but still waiting on fitment from Dave. On the other hand - knowing the Chinese quality control means even if Dave gets a good fit - doesn't mean anybody else will - LOL!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll try to get to the rest tonight but I did install the rear cowl(?) and it was a perfect fit. I'm telling you, especially from the back of them they look exactly like the OEM fairings. Also, the depth and color and quality of the paint itself looks amazing. All I can say is that I'm more than pleased.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Only thing I have to say is get a REALLY good heat shield material where the exhaust runs. OEM plastic is more resistant to heat than some of the Chinese stuff. The P.O. of my ZX 12 didn't do a good job insulating the bottom fairings and they were rippled from heat (mind you, that allowed me to get the bike really cheapo !!!!!) Isn't it funny how much fun you can have with a bike that didn't cost an arm and a leg?

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
\

Commrad - you get yours from the same seller as Dave?
No, I'll have to dig up the old thread to find out who the seller mine were. After several emails with the guy I bought mine from he told me that there was only one supplier for the injection molded fairings. The others are vacuum formed from a cheap ABS and the holes are hand drilled without a jig, just where ever they think the hole should be. He also explained that any mounting lugs (which the bird doesn't use) that snaps into a rubber grommet are glued on by hand and not made to the fairing.

The reasons I chose the guy I bought from where that 1: he used primer, not just paint on the fairing 2: he used urethane paint and clear coat 3: he uses automotive grade, UV resistant clear. I did pay more for them and he normally only lists one or two colors in his store but he will paint any color you want.

I know he wasn't lying about primer. My wife knocked mine over and you can see the primer under with the new found rash.

Like already mentioned the ones I received look just like OEM on the inside, including Honda part numbers. The seller told me the place that makes the injected fairings used OEM parts to make the molds and the holes were actually part of the mold. That is why I had to clean a few of them up, there was still flash from the mold process. This is probably why mine needed a few heat cycles to fit correctly. The fairings they used probably sat on a shelf and got a little flattened before the mold was made.

They are actually a little thicker than the factory fairings by a fraction of a mm and are flexible enough not to break in a tip over.

Mine also seem pretty heat resistant. There is one spot that is VERY close the the exhaust and it did melt slightly, not so much that you can really tell but it basically just shaped it's self to the exhaust and didn't burn like cheap stuff.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright, not sure if I mentioned it but this set came with the black plastic trim pieces too. So, I was about to finish tonight but realized that my solution for insulation wasn't going to work. Nonetheless, the fit, including all the black plastic trim is perfect. All in all I'd say I'm quite surprised at the high quality of this kit. Does anyone have ideas for insulation? I'm going to do some searching right now.

Sent from my A1-830 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 178 Posts