Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had my 'Bird for 4 days, and I'm off on a road-trip tomorrow. My problem is: where the hell do I put my GoPro, and how do I fix it in place ? :huh:

I would rather fix it to the bike than to myself, and I'm not really keen on glueing it to my helmet. I was wondering about a tank mount of some sort, but I'm really interested in finding out whats worked well for other owners; and what didn't - these mounts ain't cheap, so I don't want to spend cash on a dodgy solution.

My fall back position is to fix it to my ruck-sack buckle.

Thanks y'all.

BTW - anyone in Germany next week ?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Not a GoPro, but my bullet cam is under the nose cone and has been fine. The viewpoint is a little low maybe, but it's clear.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Interesting page RedBoll. I've mentioned before though that it seems the camera shakes more with longer mounts.
My old 46Kam had a very handy rear thread that I bolted through the screen. If I find a way to do this with my DogCam it's my preferred position.
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Automotive design Auto part

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

·
Born Again Rider
47 Posts
Interesting page RedBoll. I've mentioned before though that it seems the camera shakes more with longer mounts.
My old 46Kam had a very handy rear thread that I bolted through the screen. If I find a way to do this with my DogCam it's my preferred position.
The standard long mounting parts works best when the BB is standing still. :down:
I also tried some rammount parts which suck up every engine vibration and bump in the road, that was even more terrible.

On a Dutch BB forum a member made his own custom mount: Honda Blackbird Forum ? Toon onderwerp - Plaatsing GoPro
He recorded this clip from the mount:

·
Registered
622 Posts
These are what I ordered on ebay to try next. The 24mm pipe clamp should fit my dogcam perfectly, and parts of the the cctv mount will go through this and my screen bolt hole again. Total price about £6 :)
Light Flashlight Hardware accessory

·
bladebird
1,222 Posts
I use a Gopro curved sticky pad which came with and its mounted between the screen and right hand indicator
the cuve in the fairing if you get it right is perfect with a safety wire connected to the top screen bolt you can look at my vids
on here to see how well it works

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
go Ram Mount and have all the flexibility you desire.

Selection of mounts, the mirrorpinch are pretty versaatile, put under any bolt

RAM Mount UK

You will also need the adaptor kit

RAM Mount UK

Admittedly not cheap but good quality

·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
This is my rig. And videos from it on you tube beestoys1

Auto part Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Automotive lighting Car

Reactions: RedBoll

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Pashnit has many selections as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's worth noting that some race tracks don't let you use body-mounted cams. At Snetterton they said they had to be fixed to the bike and sturdy. They also said you aren't allowed to post footage on social media. :) They didn't check.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts