Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cheap set of BT intercoms for the bike. They work well and I can answer calls, listen to music, listen to sat nav instructions etc from them. What I want to do is use the "OK Google" voice prompt to start up Google Assistant on the phone wthout touching the phone (I generally have the phone in my chest pocket).

Has anyone managed to do this? In other words, when the phone is sat idle, I say "Ok Google" through the BT headset microphone and it fires up Google Assistant on the phone - I could then ask for directions or call pepole without touching the phone.

Any help appreciated!

Dave

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
You may have to set up the assistant using that bluetooth mic. Google will "usually" only obey a command on the voice it learns with on a specific device. Got my Google home set up to recognise three voices mine,sons and daughters.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You may also need to leave the screen unlocked for it to work. Which obviously is not ideal with it in your pocket.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am new into the android world so will begin to play with this to see if it works. I had been using a Windows-10 phone and it worked great with that. Once paired up, I just had to tap the button on the headset and Cortana would come on and ask me what I wanted to do. I could start anything on the phone or contact anyone in my address book by email text or phone or dial by number if I knew that. Will see what google assistant can do, or maybe use the microsoft launcher for android with cortana and see how that works.

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
My Cardo works that way. I hit the activate button instead of Voice command and it will come up with a tone. Then I just make my request and it does it for me. So as long as the bluetooth Mike can key the phone google assistant should work for you.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I had blue tooth once....but my dentist did a bleach and clean and now it's gone!

T.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You may also need to leave the screen unlocked for it to work. Which obviously is not ideal with it in your pocket.
Yeah I found this with my Sena and using it for directions, it would be OK until the screen locked (as opposed to going to sleep) and then I'd lose GPS directions :(
Strangely though I could still use the phone button and voice commands to call my missus on her mobile as long as wind noise etc wasn't too bad :idunno:
Usually I just use the Jog dial to select her phone which is one of the 3 presets and do it that way ;)

Assistant won't respond to my phone when it's locked.
One thing I have found recently since updating my HTC Android phone is that it has an app called Smart Lock>Trusted Devices that keeps the screen unlocked when close by to a synched device :cool:
I have it synched to my Sena, car stereo/GPS system and laptop so I don't have to unlock it when they are close by :)
The screen still goes dark/to sleep so it wont get bumped and do stuff in my pocket but will also allow me to use the Sena without cutting out ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
the new interphones work as you want them to. I've got the "tour version" and i can say "OK google" at any point on my 2hr commute and my phone does what i tell it to (navigate, music, calls, texts). As Para mentioned, i've added the intercom to the list of "trusted devices"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts