Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave Moss Tuning.
If you have never heard of him he has excellent videos on YouTube on suspension. This one is on tire pressures and thought it would be good to post here.
Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Great video! Thank you! Like most people, once I fill her up I forget about it! WRONG! After this video plan on keeping a better eye out for my tire pressure! Thanks again XXGUY.

·
Registered
385 Posts
A TPMS system is a good farkle for a bike. I have one of these on my ST and KTM.

It is actually quite accurate. Yes, it shows the psi but I find it more useful to display any changes in pressure while riding.

Some think that the sensors are not good for tire balance or for high speeds but I have found no issues even at well over triple digit speeds (closed course! ;))

·
Registered
303 Posts
A TPMS system is a good farkle for a bike. I have one of these on my ST and KTM.

It is actually quite accurate. Yes, it shows the psi but I find it more useful to display any changes in pressure while riding.

Some think that the sensors are not good for tire balance or for high speeds but I have found no issues even at well over triple digit speeds (closed course! ;))
Good one! A little on the large side but might consider it! Thank you for the post!

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yes, I have that on my ST, XX, Kids NC700X's, and on the daughter's rebel. I have been thinking about removing my Goldwing TPM sensors as it only gives me a high or low warning light. These give me exact pressure and that let's me know when tires are warmed up or if I have a slow leak... in fall or spring they are great because on days like that a 30° F swing in temperatures can happen.
Lovin... if you go this route get rid of your rubber valve stem/cores and get some steel T-valve stem/ cores. Rubber cores are not made for the tiny little extra weight and when you want to adjust air pressure you don't have to take off the sensors. Plus adding air to a 90° core is much easier.
Here is a link to what I'm talking about. I have found them for $12 a piece before.
The batteries in the sensors last well over a year.

Reactions: lovinmycbr1000f

·
Registered
385 Posts
Unless the Wingstuff T stems come as a pair, these ones are half price

Hawkshead have a good reputation for quality.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless the Wingstuff T stems come as a pair, these ones are half price

Hawkshead have a good reputation for quality.
That's a good price. I got my last pair for around that... I agree Hawkshead is good.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yes, I have that on my ST, XX, Kids NC700X's, and on the daughter's rebel. I have been thinking about removing my Goldwing TPM sensors as it only gives me a high or low warning light. These give me exact pressure and that let's me know when tires are warmed up or if I have a slow leak... in fall or spring they are great because on days like that a 30° F swing in temperatures can happen.
Lovin... if you go this route get rid of your rubber valve stem/cores and get some steel T-valve stem/ cores. Rubber cores are not made for the tiny little extra weight and when you want to adjust air pressure you don't have to take off the sensors. Plus adding air to a 90° core is much easier.
Here is a link to what I'm talking about. I have found them for $12 a piece before.
The batteries in the sensors last well over a year.

Thank you XXGUY. Will do! Will offer some of a piece of mind... had a minor leak on my last Bird but didn't know it. Thank the "Bike Gods" when I came to my bike the next day tire was flat! Soooooo, Will do that! Thank again XXGUY!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts