Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my motor was out for idk, 'bout the 4th time in 6 yrs, I decided I should buy intake boots. Turns out '99 and '00 part # is discontinued (no surprise), but I thought how different could they be from later years? Strange thing is Honda decided NOT to update the #, but '01 and up are available and not at all costly.
16211-MCC-600,all 4 are the same, the only difference is the notch at the top for lining up the throttle bodies.I would suggest getting yourself some if you haven't already. Mine were still good but definitely harder and showing the first signs of wear. I have had countless customers over the years who couldn't get intake boots anymore and suddenly found themselves screwed. And vacuum line.
Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part
Font Gas Fashion accessory Glass Transparent material

·
Registered
794 Posts
Since my motor was out for idk, 'bout the 4th time in 6 yrs, I decided I should buy intake boots. Turns out '99 and '00 part # is discontinued (no surprise), but I thought how different could they be from later years? Strange thing is Honda decided NOT to update the #, but '01 and up are available and not at all costly.
16211-MCC-600,all 4 are the same, the only difference is the notch at the top for lining up the throttle bodies.I would suggest getting yourself some if you haven't already. Mine were still good but definitely harder and showing the first signs of wear. I have had countless customers over the years who couldn't get intake boots anymore and suddenly found themselves screwed. And vacuum line.
View attachment 134379 View attachment 134380

Thought I'd double check the price and maybe get ahead of any potential problems since you said ".....not at all costly", so in my imagination I was thinking "It's only a bit of rubber and PartsGuy says not costly so they're gonna be about a tenner each..."

Well, I know different people's idea of costly varies from another's but, £44.06 each :eek:, I'll wait a while I think - it ain't broke and over £170 for something that might get lost in the depths of the garage before I need them!!

Thanks for the heads up though PartsGuy, maybe others will be less cash strapped than I am.
Ps
The part number listed by Fowlers for the 2001 model is
16211MAT000

Cheers
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts