Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could be a pretty good buy for someone looking for (another?) Blackbird.
Interesting comment on ad though....
"PRICE REDUCED FROM 4000 TO 2000 FOR QUICK SALE! The price is absolutely firm. Best deal on a bike on Craigslist! No flakes. No unsure PEOPLE. The next person who wastes my times going to regret it!"

2000 Cbr 1100xx Blackbird

·
Registered
548 Posts
I spoke with him he sounds literally like an insane person.................no kiddimg look at he wording in the ad.
if you call to ask a question he freaks out and says you have wasted my time....blah blah blah for 2k I would have snatched it up bit he is BONKERS and I am not gonna drive 5 hours to be ripped off:eek:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
It's 2k and probably worth it, the guy is just done with CL flakes wasting his time. I personally sell a lot on CL and have got to the point where it is come the fak on, the ad states what is needed or required and a clear description of the item being sold. Now whether everyone is as honest as myself in being upfront on what one is buying I can not comment. But at 2k for a 2000 with 34k on it, it could be a decent steal. These bikes are getting older and I am even wondering what my pretty decent shape w a tonne of mods 97 is truly worth. To me it's worth more than most would be willing to pay so that's the reason why it is just stored away doing nothing.....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
878 Posts
If they couldn't bother to change a fuel line what else has gone by the wayside?
The tank appears to be the stock 2000 Titanium and the rest of the plastic is silver and most likely aftermarket. In addition to the above, I'd be asking why new fairings were needed.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The ads that people put in craigslist never fail to amuse me! At least once a day I look at my local one, usually motorcycles and cars, and enjoy a laugh, or two, or three, etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Was tempting at $1500, hasn't been up for a couple days...guessing it sold. Although his last ads omitted the fuel line leak problem.

·
Registered
548 Posts
All I ever asked was what are the many "extras" he referred tom when he flipped out and said you are wasting my time .......blah blah...lol
that was when I knew a 300 mile trip would most likely end up in a disappoinmnet not a deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts