Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seriously was not expecting THAT big of a difference going from the Z6 sport tourings to the Power 5 Super Sports. I was hoping at the most, I wouldn't feel my rear sliding while carving the low and high speed corners of the Snoqualmie River valley here in WA State. But now, my bird now reminds of how it felt to carve these same corners on my RC51. Just unlimited grip (at least the way I ride) and the ability to make minute adjustments while mid corner. The side to side transition is also greatly improved now too. All in all, a great tire if you are looking to hit the twisties with full confidence.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I seriously was not expecting THAT big of a difference going from the Z6 sport tourings to the Power 5 Super Sports. I was hoping at the most, I wouldn't feel my rear sliding while carving the low and high speed corners of the Snoqualmie River valley here in WA State. But now, my bird now reminds of how it felt to carve these same corners on my RC51. Just unlimited grip (at least the way I ride) and the ability to make minute adjustments while mid corner. The side to side transition is also greatly improved now too. All in all, a great tire if you are looking to hit the twisties with full confidence.
i would add there are the best rain tyre on the market i would recommended them had them on the yamaha R! during the winter months super fun as well

·
Registered
43 Posts
Talking about tyres, my experience in the last years here in the North of Spain (cold tarmac and a lot of turns) is this.

METZELER is the winner in terms of grip and durability on high pace. I used Z6, Z8 and ROADTEC 01 (the BEST of all).

I used CONTINENTAL ROADATTACK2, Pirelli SUPERCORSA, MICHELIN ROAD 4 (only 2.250 miles and It was destroyed), and, in general, METZELER is the best for me and my style in all types of motorcycle (KTM SUPERDUKE 990, KTM 1190 ADVENTURE, CBR 1100 XX, BANDIT 1250 S...).

With my last experience in Michelin, i decided to talk to an old friend with a lot of experiencie and he told me that MITTAS (a czech maker) was an incredible option un terms of grip/cost/durability...

They are well known in the Enduro World, but i have no idea of their products. So, for only 165 euros 120+180 PAIR of tyres INSTALLED () i decided to try. And the result is AWESOME.

I rode for 280 miles in a very twisty and demanding roads with no mercy with the throtle and It works absolutely PERFECT.

In a motorcycle so demanding with the tyres, witch improves the costs of changing tyres so constantly, It was a DISCOVER.

I Hope this can help. And i Hope you can forgive me for my poor English.

BEST regards from Spain!!!

Enviado desde mi Mi A3 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
By the way.

SPORT FORCE + is the name of the model. There is another called TOURING FORCE for those riders who prefers more touristic tyres.

Regards!!!

Enviado desde mi Mi A3 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
i have just checked out this company and its backed by one of the world leaders in industrial tyres from sweden trelleborg
being as that the owner is such a famous company im gong to give it a try
paul

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: Still delivering asinine grip, but BOY are these tires loud! I first noticed while cruising and thought something was wrong. Ironically, I did discover my front wheel bearings were shot trying to troubleshoot, but the noise is still present afterwards. Still; I will buy these again (or their newer version).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got a set of the Road 5's. I know not as sport oriented as the Power 5's but I am slowing down in my old age. I too came off of the Metzler Z6's.

·
Registered
551 Posts
On my 02 xx it is fitted with michelin power and they are very stable in corners
However they wear faster than my pirellis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts