Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the 10 yrs or so since I've been riding. I have had alpinestars sp1, scorpion magnum and joe rocket (don't remember the model) gloves. The alpinestars were pretty comfortable but still lacked some protection (imho) and really lacked the feel i'm looking for.

I keep hearing about these brands that I can't seem to find locally (in Denver,co) - Held, Racer, Rukka, etc

Anyone have experience with these brands?

What do you guys recommend for a great street glove that has good protection, feels great and has amazing feedback and also good for 3 seasons - I stop riding here in Colorado once it hits 40 or below.

thank you.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Sorry, but this is like any other piece of clothing. Horses for courses. What fits and feels perfect for one............ Go to some shops and try them all on.

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
This is prossibly the most difficult clothing item to recommend - people's hand shapes are so different and the sizing standards from different companies aren't consistent. You can't always find Held, Kushitani, RS Taichi, Rukka and others, so if you like the look of one of them, the best recommendation is probably to web order from a place that does free returns, like Revzilla. I have Rukka, Kushitani and RS Taichi gloves and I only had a chance to try the Rukkas on first. Rukka (for when the weather is changeable) and the Taichis (when there's no chance of rain) are all I wear. Kushitanis are narrower with longer fingers in both sizes I own, despite being "equivalent". The Kushitanis also bunch up on the handgrip. Bit of a minefield, recommending gloves. especially esoteric ones! Good luck, though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it really is. I just wish they had a shop here locally that I could try on all these brands. RS Taichi any good? I keep hearing great things about them from just about everyone!

I'm trying to get the least bulky (feeling) glove I can with the most protection. I know it's going to be tought but I'm willing to spend $300 plus to project my precious little digits! :D

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
Yes, I like the Taichis a lot. Very high quality. They are comfortable in hot (for us here in the UK) weather and have excellent feel, despite the really clever but bulky armour. They are very supple with huge protection on the back and the Knox sliders on the heel of the hand (is that the right term?). They fit me like the Rukkas, which I wear in everything but the hottest weather. I hate having wet hands while riding, so unless there's no chance of rain (or it's so warm that water would evaporate pretty quickly), then I'll go with the Rukkas. Possibly shove the Taichis in the panniers. Like everything Rukka makes, they are top quality, again, very supple. Kushitanis were a bit disappointing, despite the sky-high high quality of the leather, not very forgiving and had to trim off some of the excess stitching. Don't quite fit my hands in either size I own. Pics:

Attachments

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I bought a set of house brand gloves from a big dealer and I`m quite happy with them. Good quality materials including Roo skin palms, scaphoid protection, pinky support, nicely stitched and well ventilated and they were very reasonably priced.
I just realized this is not really helpful to you, I guess I just wanted to brag about my inexpensive gloves.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
I use Snow Ski gloves, Excellent protection, They are made for falling down on Ice,
Excellent for minus 30 Celcius and keep my fingertips warm as they dangle down in the breeze,
I bought mine from ALDI $13-00 a pair, Been using them for years,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts