1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have read that the generator for VFR 800 would fit a BB 98
Can anyone confirm that.

The reason is that the VFR should deliver more amps, from what one could benefit if more ekstra options has been mounted, heated grips etc.

And now we are here, the original rectifier could be swapped with an aftermarket unit that should be more reliable, but I do not remember which one, any inputs?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
ullum, yes it will fit. I temporarily fitted and ran one a couple of years ago. From a 2000 VFR pre vtec. Output? Doubt it, should be about the same ish. Bird has similar power requirements. Get a Mosfet FH??? bees and others will know the exact number. I run a SH847 from roadstercycle.com.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The SH847 that adeyren runs is the ultimate. i went with a FH020AA (from the same place) for a little less $$$. No issues 18K miles. If you are looking for more power then go LED bulbs all around. They will lighten the load, but must be used in conjunction with mosfer R/R.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
The SH847 that adeyren runs is the ultimate. i went with a FH020AA (from the same place) for a little less $$$. No issues 18K miles. If you are looking for more power then go LED bulbs all around. They will lighten the load, but must be used in conjunction with mosfer R/R.
fizzy, Dumb question, if you are running less power drawoff doesn't this make the reg/rec work harder?

·
Registered
547 Posts
fizzy, Dumb question, if you are running less power drawoff doesn't this make the reg/rec work harder?
adeyren, yes correct, it will make R/R work harder, but he wants to run heated gear so I was suggesting it would somewhat balance out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts