Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ya'll

im experiencing some weirdness with my 97 carb'd bird.

when i ride and come to a stop there is a strong smell of gas or exhaust. this is also true after i park it in the garage... the smell builds up so much that it seeps into the house and i even thought our hot water heater gas line was leaking. the smell isnt constant... after some time the smell goes away.

i took it to the shop thinking it was running rich... they dyno'd it and put the flowmeter on it. everything checked out. no rejetting needed and its not runnign rich.

does anyone have any insights... before i spend the 300buxx to open up the carbs.

thanks!!!

ride on!!

:)

·
A Rainbird Warrior
5,154 Posts
I would be looking for a perished hose or sticking float. 12 yr old hoses are past there use by date and may have a slight tear where it pushes on to one of the connectors.

I had a fuel smell but only in the garage, found it was a sticking float on my lawn mower :rotfl:

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I would be looking for a perished hose or sticking float. 12 yr old hoses are past there use by date and may have a slight tear where it pushes on to one of the connectors.

I had a fuel smell but only in the garage, found it was a sticking float on my lawn mower :rotfl:
Blue 1100XX lawnmower.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Cheers.
Brian.:thumb:

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
I'm with Poundy on this one...lift the tank and check all the hoses for any problems...cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts