Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm riding Honda's a LONG time, starting with a 550F, a Nighthawk, Magna VF750, a Shadow VT1100 (not my cup-o-tea) a Yamaha V-max (too unstable at speed) and now the bird since 2009. I can say I've had some conversations and experiences with VT riders that stuck though I rarely spoke of them. Here's the best... brand withheld because everyone knows what it was...

I had a neighbor who always yelled "Rice Burner" when I rode past his house going out the development rear entrance to work, one day he was with a bud working on their two oily mess machines (with tarps under them) and before he could yell "rice burner" I stopped. I put the kickstand down and told him that every day I went to work and almost as many days he was working on his bike. I asked him when he passed my house (he always took his truck and went out the front entrance past my house) if he ever saw me working on my bike, he said no... I then told him I'd rather burn rice than oil and be working on my bike all the time and rode off...

He never yelled rice burner again.

One time friends were in from out of town and we met at a restaurant for dinner and when we left there were six V twins parked a few spaced away, facing me. One rider started his bike and revved it Vroom... blub, blub, blub... Vroom... blub, blub, blub... Vroom... blub, blub, blub... looking at me smiling. Soon he let it idle, I started up the bird, ran her to 9k+ SCREAMING loudly and throttled it down, and shut it off and said to him pointing at his engine... "That's not an engine" then pointed to mine... "THAT'S an engine" My friend whispered in my ear... "You're dead" but the VT'ers laughed and all six rode away... blub, blub, blub...

Another time, early one Saturday morning a group of guys I ride with were going from Fort Lauderdale to Clearwater (a pretty far ride) for lunch and a couple of VT riders asked where we were going and asked if they could ride with us, we told them, sure if you can keep up. Down the road some of the Busa guys wanted to top off their tanks because we couldn't gas up till we reached Naples and when we were leaving the station the two VT guys were coming in... blub, blub, blub... and we were gone passing and waving bye.

Lastly a work associate met me in the parking lot one morning and said since I ride every day (70 miles round trip) wanted to know when I was going to get a "man's bike" I said I DEFINITELY was... He said REALLY??? I said yes, the day AFTER his bike maker made automobile, boat, generator and lawnmower engines, AND when S&S engines went out of business because HIS brand engines were soooo good and never needed replacing :)

OK, one more, after my divorce 12 years ago, I met a gal on Plenty of Fish who rode and we met for a riding date. At the time I was riding the Shadow and we went local all around Hialeah, east to Miami, up the coast to Fort Lauderdale. When we stopped she said, "I'm NEVER riding with you again!!! I SUFFERED with all the heat coming up and off my engine and I thought my engine would freeze tight, how is it you had no problems?"

I said the Honda is liquid cooled and the fan blew the heat past my legs and out the rear, she said goodbye and rode off! :)

Registered
We are a different breed over here and I can honestly say that bikers are bikers but I did own a Volusia a long time ago, looked massive and mean but couldnt pull the skin off a custard !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are a different breed over here and I can honestly say that bikers are bikers but I did own a Volusia a long time ago, looked massive and mean but couldnt pull the skin off a custard !
Yeah, I'd suspect Europe wouldn't have that idiotic macho brand thing we have in the U.S.

The sport bike riders here could careless what's under your arse but the VT riders have this idiotic testosterone mentality associated with the VT.

Testosterone, what a laugh, I bet their weeines would shrink at 175 mph :)

Registered
In Australia, there is a biker pecking order of sorts. It's not as pronounced as in the States, where I've heard HD riders at Sturgis have towed flaming Japenese bikes down the steet in protest, but generally HD guys think their bikes are more manley than the rest of us. Given, my neighbour wouldn't yell Rice Burner on the way out the driveway but get talking to some HD guys and it wont be long before the words Jap crap or girls bike gets dropped. We are all loyal to brands though, either through good marketing or rider experience but shoving it in people's faces is going too far. In the U.S. clever marketing comes together with patriotism, romanticism and masculinity to form the ultimate cocktail of hate for some foreign brands. I wonder if they know that parts of their Harley's are made overseas in Japan, China and Mexico 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In Australia, there is a biker pecking order of sorts. It's not as pronounced as in the States, where I've heard HD riders at Sturgis have towed flaming Japenese bikes down the steet in protest, but generally HD guys think their bikes are more manley than the rest of us. Given, my neighbour wouldn't yell Rice Burner on the way out the driveway but get talking to some HD guys and it wont be long before the words Jap crap or girls bike gets dropped. We are all loyal to brands though, either through good marketing or rider experience but shoving it in people's faces is going too far. In the U.S. clever marketing comes together with patriotism, romanticism and masculinity to form the ultimate cocktail of hate for some foreign brands. I wonder if they know that parts of their Harley's are made overseas in Japan, China and Mexico 馃槀
Funny MANY of the he man that ride VT's have Asian cars, what hypocrites :)

Reactions: Nato

Registered
Funny MANY of the he man that ride VT's have Asian cars, what hypocrites :)
Yeah, agreed.
There is something about HDs that turns heads though. They do have a sound, feel and style that commands a street presence. Apparently, the engine note has has been scientifically proven to activate the masculinity gland and produce copious quantities of testosterone that can boggle the mind 馃槅 (kidding)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, agreed.
There is something about HDs that turns heads though. They do have a sound, feel and style that commands a street presence. Apparently, the engine note has has been scientifically proven to activate the masculinity gland and produce copious quantities of testosterone that can boggle the mind 馃槅 (kidding)
Boggles the mind... and shakes the back, gonads, and kidneys senseless... You can't make this crappenzola up :) Vroom... blub... blub... blub...

Harley-Davidson庐 Men's FXRG Replacement Kidney Belt - 98367-07VM/000S

Reactions: Nato

Registered
Vroom...blub...blub...blub. 馃槅
I've had good and bad experiences with that brand followers. All it comes down to is the....my brands the best/ real bike category. I don't care what others are riding as long as they are on 2 wheels and having fun its all good. I just find it humorous when sometimes you pass blub blubs, and they won't even wave. They'll just raise that nose higher. You know it's like that.
I don't really have any stories with the bird.
I did have an encounter with a blub blub, where I came to a stoplight while on my 85 Gl1200, and he was already at the light stopped. I stopped next to him in the other land, and he started revving it up which to my surprise it did not scatter. When the light changed I went, and then he went, he discovered that the old wing ain't no slouch lol I think he was pretty upset about that one because after I turned off where I needed to which was right down the road from the light, I swear he went as fast as he could past me red faced.

Administrator
There are some with that attitude and I just steer clear of them. But for the most part I've found that 2 wheels are 2 wheels and the norm out here is smiles and waves.

Older wiser and sorer
Where i live we get lots of weekend warriors on hds. Wear the branded stuff. Dont nod at other makes. So bloody tribal. Actually more like sheep. So much for being individuals. An oxymoronic puzzle. I suppose its an outlet from wearing a suit during the week. Then again Im not a group rider. Prefer on my own. I dont bother acknowledging hds anymore which also means a few jap cruisers by brief visual connection. Never got anything in return. Ca la vie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts