Honda CBR XX Forum banner

321 - 333 of 333 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
No! I'm good! The video provided a good shot! Now, that cable/wiring running along the frame and under the tank, is it electrical cables or is it a physical cable to actuate the throttle assembly? Oh! And again out of curiosity what did you mean by "I can do a more extensive one..."?
It is mostly all electrical wires. There is one cable that does run through it to operate the throttle.
More extensive would be removing everything and showing more of the kit and how it attaches.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
It is mostly all electrical wires. There is one cable that does run through it to operate the throttle.
More extensive would be removing everything and showing more of the kit and how it attaches.

Ah! Okay! Well your call XX! Would be nice to see everything though and how it attaches...

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
XX
Keep your parts on lol.
Loving send me an email and I can send a copy of the install manual if you want. There's 2 components that run forward. One is a 4 wire shielded cable that connects to the bar switch. Then second is a hard cable similar to a throttle cable that connects to the throttle bell crank next to the stock throttle cable assembly. Its anchored to the frame at the factory ground lug.

Reactions: XXGUY

·
Registered
206 Posts
XX
Keep your parts on lol.
Loving send me an email and I can send a copy of the install manual if you want. There's 2 components that run forward. One is a 4 wire shielded cable that connects to the bar switch. Then second is a hard cable similar to a throttle cable that connects to the throttle bell crank next to the stock throttle cable assembly. Its anchored to the frame at the factory ground lug.
Yeth! Would LOVE to see it! PM my email...

·
Registered
206 Posts
XX
Keep your parts on lol.
Thank YOU XX and Bees. Have been studying it and almost have it drilled into my brain! Have a few questions though. Lol Turned 15 pages into 30! By increasing all the images to half page size! NOW I can really SEE all the images clearly! In colour! Thanks again! Will be in touch once ready!

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Roger that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,
I have assembled a cruise control system on my carb bike.
I use an aftermarket speedo with a wheel magnet so the original speed sensor is only used for the cruise control.
When doing the self test procedure, I did not get wheel speed data, I thought it had to be the sensor and put in a new one.
It did not work so I tought it had to be the pulse divider but again no go...
So now being fed up with it and out of options, I'm thinking about adding a dedicated speed sensor on a wheel.
Anybody had problems with signal on carb model ?

Thanks.

Frank

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
Hi guys,
I have assembled a cruise control system on my carb bike.
I use an aftermarket speedo with a wheel magnet so the original speed sensor is only used for the cruise control.
When doing the self test procedure, I did not get wheel speed data, I thought it had to be the sensor and put in a new one.
It did not work so I tought it had to be the pulse divider but again no go...
So now being fed up with it and out of options, I'm thinking about adding a dedicated speed sensor on a wheel.
Anybody had problems with signal on carb model ?

Thanks.

Frank
Just order Beestoy's kit. It works, is well thought out and it looks stock due to his use of a plug and play Goldwing 1500 right hand grip and switch assembly. I believe that alone is probably 1/3 the cost of the kit.

XX

Reactions: Mallow1 and adeyren

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Frank
What is the system manufacturer are you using for your cruise control unit. Once I I know that I may be able to help you out. One problem you may have is the factory speed system sends out 80,000 trigger pulses per mile. Most systems can't process that level. I have to use a divider network to get it down to a managable level that my system can process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I started on this project before finding out about you selling a kit. I used the same rostra cruise unit as the one in your kit and also the same goldwing switch. I found out about the pulse per mile thing reading this very thread and ordered a pulse divider. So basically the components are the exact same as what you have put together. But again, I got the idea of using this specific Rostra unit by reading other stories of succesfull installation on other models of motorcycles and found out about your kit later when searching for a solution to my non working installation. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
Ok give me a holler tomorrow. I can give you hand. The carbie has another little quirk. The Rostra can load the tach and speedo down killing the signal to both and the instruments. I've got international access so we can talk about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are attempting to install the kit, do yourself a favor and take the rear cowling off.

Bee clearly says in the first line of instructions what all to take off to make the installation easier...including taking the rear cowling off.

I didn’t want to do the hassle of taking my top box mount apart. I figured I could work around it and install the servo and bracket with the cowling on. I was wrong, lol. I fought and fought with that dang thing. And slowly, bolt by bolt that cowling ended up coming off anyway. I would have saved so much frustration and time if I had just done that to start.

Also, before I had the cowling off and I was fighting with the bracket I managed to fumble the mounting bolt...and managed to drop it into the square tube. One in a million shot. Magnetic retriever attached to an extension and I still couldn’t get that bolt out. It shall forever be lost into the tube of doom.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Ohh man I'm sorry to hear that. Never would have expected that.

321 - 333 of 333 Posts