Honda CBR XX Forum banner

301 - 320 of 333 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
XXG, How's ur eggnog going down?
Wonderful! Just finished the 1st quart. My 18 year old daughter just found out about the rest of the stash. Funny because of what she said when she found out... "Ah Hah! I saw that one container in the fridge and knew you wouldn't go on a hunt for it and only get one. I knew you had room for more than one qt on the bike. I just figured that you had the rest back in your private stock in your room (it was in the cold garage). I snuck a glass this morning since this is the best!"
The reference to private stock... when you have 5 kids and you want pizza or something you really like you cannot leave it in the fridge because it WILL BE GONE before you get home from work. So I bought a small apartment fridge and put it in my walk in closet. If anything is in there it is hands off or else! You should see the look on their faces when I walk in the door with stuff and then go to my room and come back without it! Don't worry, they get good stuff. I don't feed them just gruel!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
476 Posts
Last time I changed insurance… they didn't want to know of every bracket and Ti bolt
Yer it's just the crazy stuff that bumps the risk up they oughta care about. Just concerned it's kinda like asking the taxman/ IRS are you paying enough tax!

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Ok
So due cost increase from my supplier the kit price has gone up 8.00
so before shipping cost is now 468.00

·
Registered
993 Posts
Brian... God bless you for still building and selling this kit. If I were buying this from you today, knowing what I know about it, I'd just give you $500! I mean, it's got factory Honda controls people! :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Dave, bought Bees control last year and can honestly say one of the best upgrades i've done along with the suspension. UK fitting was different wiring wise due to different controls but otherwise flawless. Works brilliantly. Just love the look on other Bird owners our side saying WTF is that! A friend has the Aussie version which is a seperate control unit which is more expensive but not as user friendly or integrated. 5***** buy. Best bit was waving at Duck at 70 with my right hand whilst maintaining the same speed. Sorry Duck. :rotfl:

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
Dave, bought Bees control last year and can honestly say one of the best upgrades i've done along with the suspension. UK fitting was different wiring wise due to different controls but otherwise flawless. Works brilliantly. Just love the look on other Bird owners our side saying WTF is that! A friend has the Aussie version which is a seperate control unit which is more expensive but not as user friendly or integrated. 5***** buy. Best bit was waving at Duck at 70 with my right hand whilst maintaining the same speed. Sorry Duck. :rotfl:
Yep, told you it was awesome!

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Thanks very much gents. Glad you all are enjoying it as much as I do.

Reactions: XXGUY

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Update for all.
Well it's been 10 years since I started this thread and installed my Cruise. I have lately been getting a drop out when riding. I believe it was due to the type of tap used for the tach signal input. Pictured below, I use my bike as the test mule for the kits I build and apparently this connector isn't a good one for multiple removal and installs. I actually finally broke the wire so I had to to a splice repair. I have changed out to the other connector I have below. I would recommend everyone to change to this style of connector as well. You'll need to remove the blade connector to install this but it will be a more robust connection.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Beestoy! Found this thread not long ago... As you know I'm on my second build and considering full CC. I'm more cosmetic and minor mechanical guy and even more minor in electrical!! Where do I start!? Can I plug and play? Please forgive my ignorance on the subject! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Hey Beestoy! Found this thread not long ago... As you know I'm on my second build and considering full CC. I'm more cosmetic and minor mechanical guy and even more minor in electrical!! Where do I start!? Can I plug and play? Please forgive my ignorance on the subject! Thanks!
Not a problem
It's a kit I build to order. I used to have a full right up for folks to build themselves. But then I started getting requests to build and as a result do so now.

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Not a problem
It's a kit I build to order. I used to have a full right up for folks to build themselves. But then I started getting requests to build and as a result do so now. Cost is 468.00 plus shipping.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
Not a problem
It's a kit I build to order. I used to have a full right up for folks to build themselves. But then I started getting requests to build and as a result do so now. Cost is 468.00 plus shipping.
And I love mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: adeyren

·
Captmikejd
62 Posts
Yep,
Best farkle addition to my Bird as well.
If you can follow Beestoys instructions you should be able to install it yourself.

Now if I could just get him to build one for the ST and the VFR's I would be in farkle heaven?!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Okay! So not a question of simply buying an ol GL51500 right side controls And cut and spice! See! Very little to no electrical bladoudash! Soooooo.... When I'm ready will PM you and send the funds! THANK YOU Beestoys!!!! Can't WAIT!!! Oh! And read your disclosure on page 1. All good.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
Okay! So not a question of simply buying an ol GL51500 right side controls And cut and spice! See! Very little to no electrical bladoudash! Soooooo.... When I'm ready will PM you and send the funds! THANK YOU!!!! Can't WAIT!!! Oh! And read your disclosure on page 1. All good.
A quick video to give you and idea where it is. I can do a more extensive one if several people request it.

https://youtu.be/gt4vL_VGnHk

·
Registered
206 Posts
A quick video to give you and idea where it is. I can do a more extensive one if several people request it.

https://youtu.be/gt4vL_VGnHk

Great video. Have a better idea whats involved. Long live "Plug and play!" What do you mean by "I can do a more extensive one"? Also I hope I can move that black box a bit aft because I modified the stock seat to hold a back rest "A la" Corbin! Will have pics soon.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
Great video. Have a better idea whats involved. Long live "Plug and play!" What do you mean by "I can do a more extensive one"? Also I hope I can move that black box a bit aft because I modified the stock seat to hold a back rest "A la" Corbin! Will have pics soon.
I can take the seat cowl off and get you a better view. My corbin sets fits. So I don't think that you have to move it back as you can tighten the backrest set screw so it doesn't go down so far.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I can take the seat cowl off and get you a better view. My corbin sets fits. So I don't think that you have to move it back as you can tighten the backrest set screw so it doesn't go down so far.

No! I'm good! The video provided a good shot! Now, that cable/wiring running along the frame and under the tank, is it electrical cables or is it a physical cable to actuate the throttle assembly? Oh! And again out of curiosity what did you mean by "I can do a more extensive one..."?

301 - 320 of 333 Posts