Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changing the fuel filter as part of routine servicing? Doesn't seem to be listed on the service schedule.

Reckon the blackbird is well overdue a bit of TLC. Full service!

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
It's not really a filter per say, it's a tubular screen that goes up in the tank on top of the fuel tap assembly. I took the advice of another owner and mounted two inline filters in the lines feeding the carbs. Just piece of mind.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I took the advice of another owner and mounted two inline filters in the lines feeding the carbs. Just piece of mind.
:plus1:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I took the advice of another owner and mounted two inline filters in the lines feeding the carbs. Just piece of mind.
:plus1:
Well, if your tank isn't rusty, then the wiremesh should suffice. But we don't know what crap lurks in the gas station's reservoirs.....:mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did it just a while ago.
Not very difficult except loosening the screws holding the bits together.

You need to take out the pump to do the mesh filter at the bottom.
It's tricky stuffing the mesh back in. Dont puncture the gauze filter doing it.

I found quite a bit of metal filings at the bottom and on the gauze
filter in the mesh, Just be careful and should have no probs.

Tighten the nuts in cris cros fashion as per a cylinder head. Shows it in
the manual - not sure about haynes.

OH - and empty the tank first !

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
It's a strainer attached to the top of the fuel control valve. It's actaully up inside the tank itself.

·
Registered
977 Posts
It's not really a filter per say, it's a tubular screen that goes up in the tank on top of the fuel tap assembly. I took the advice of another owner and mounted two inline filters in the lines feeding the carbs. Just piece of mind.
Mine came with 2 inline filters, must have been fitted by the original owner :unsure:

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Mine came with 2 inline filters, must have been fitted by the original owner :unsure:
Good idea
The factory one has been I there for years and could be broken up or down. So online is a safe bet.
Another thought as well. It might be worth pulling the assembly and checking it
I've seen these screens varnish over effectively becoming a block instead of a filter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts