Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Ive been looking at several alternatives and justchave seen that a suzuki gsx1250 front springs are a cross fit to the xx
I also foubd a wilburs 2nd make of spring called promoto
anyone tried these 2
variants??
Happy new year
Paul

·
Registered
790 Posts
Paul, I owned a 1250 Suzuki, the fork springs are progressive and I changed them for 1.1 kg/mm straight wound (racetech). Putting progressive springs, even though they are slightly stronger than stock blackbird ones, would not be much of an upgrade IMO. The racetech website /www.racetech.com has a handy spring calculator, I think you probably know already.
On the bandit forum I remember someone cut off the progressive end of the fork springs to get budget straight wound. Not technically a good idea, but I guess if you can imagine something, someone has probably already done it.
Merry new year. The only direction now is up. (y)

·
Super Moderator
8,640 Posts
The other you face running used springs us they could be cycled out and no good. Best to buy new for the price you'll pay.

Reactions: RCRandy

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree. Springs are cheap and you want them matched for your weight. I switched to racetech earlier this year and it made a world of difference. Would def recommend them to anyone looking for a quick and inexpensive suspension upgrade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can also go down the TRAXXION page where all internals are replace to make them suited to your weight & riding style .
For what you get with full upgrade is best available using the stock front , makes it fully adjustable and a much better set up.
They were a really good group to deal with as I'm in Perth , Australia so pretty reliant on them doing right thing which they did .
Or they will also do spring upgrades to the desired weight you select. .

Traxxion Dynamics Fork Spring Kit OMNI x.65kg/mm

TRAXXION DYNAMICS FORK SPRING KIT OMNI 1.0KG/MM

Traxxion Dynamics Fork Spring Kit OMNI 1.0kg/mm
This is our baseline for your bike and an average weight rider (160lbs-180lbs). Choose your spring rate based on your weight and 40lb increments.

AXXION VALVE UPGRADE

Compression Valve, Rebound Valve, Springs, Fork Seals, and full Service for your forks.
SKU: AVU Categories: Front Suspension, Front Suspension, Front Suspension, Racing & Sport Bike, Sport & Adventure Touring, Street Bike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Paul,

Not sure on the GSX1250 springs, I fitted these a few years back and found a massive improvement

Available in the UK from Home - Jaws Motorcycles for about £115 for a set.

Cheers,
Another Paul

Hi Guys
Ive been looking at several alternatives and justchave seen that a suzuki gsx1250 front springs are a cross fit to the xx
I also foubd a wilburs 2nd make of spring called promoto
anyone tried these 2
variants??
Happy new year
Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can also go down the TRAXXION page where all internals are replace to make them suited to your weight & riding style .
For what you get with full upgrade is best available using the stock front , makes it fully adjustable and a much better set up.
They were a really good group to deal with as I'm in Perth , Australia so pretty reliant on them doing right thing which they did .

This is our baseline for your bike and an average weight rider (160lbs-180lbs). Choose your spring rate based on your weight and 40lb increments.

AXXION VALVE UPGRADE

Compression Valve, Rebound Valve, Springs, Fork Seals, and full Service for your forks.
SKU: AVU Categories: Front Suspension, Front Suspension, Front Suspension, Racing & Sport Bike, Sport & Adventure Touring, Street Bike

AXXION VALVE UPGRADE

G’day Lindsay,
Did you have send your tubes to them? Like it request on the webpage...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts