Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my order for the rebuild kit from Jaws but only one seal. The response to questioning the missing seal from Jaws was "it only comes with one" and a photo. Can you tell me what's correct and if one is it, which one do I replace? Jaws order came in three days, incredibly fast. Thanks for any clarifications!

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think there should be 2 seals not 1, hmmm something isnt right some where.
dont fit it with 1 seal.
its unusual for tourmax to get the seals wrong, hmm i wonder if they checked there other kits to see if they only have 1 seal. bugger.
even on the microfich its 2 seals not 1.
bugger.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My train of thought also, but Gary with Jaws just showed the add photo and how it only comes with one. Weird one as they've been around and servicing us Blackbird owners for quite a while!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any advice for a replacement kit? I've seen prices twice and over what I paid and description pics with obvious errors both size and pieces. And I cant imagine anyone selling just the rubber seal? OEM parts show as a group kit only if at all. thx....:(

·
Registered
433 Posts
Any advice for a replacement kit? I've seen prices twice and over what I paid and description pics with obvious errors both size and pieces. And I cant imagine anyone selling just the rubber seal? OEM parts show as a group kit only if at all. thx....:(
the link is for a tourmax front master cylinder kit with picture that has 2 seals in it, the shop is called wemoto.com its here in the uk.
I would send jaws the picture from wemoto with the 2 seals in it, and say your kit is not compleat, and potentially dangerous especially if you fitted it with 1 seal.
other than that you could try wemoto.
hmmm jaws though, there response to you doesnt fill me with happy thoughts, it mite just be an over sight, but Gary obviously hasnt taken front brake master cylinders apart lately lol.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Yes its hard to believe as much biz as they've done for everyone that I would be one to fuss this up? Especially way over the pond. But I'm following your advise as I agree!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just went on jaws web site and in there picture it's got 2 seals in it with tourmax, it's the rear master that only has 1 oring lip seal, so it mite be Gary got confused, but still, if he looked at his own web site he should know lol.

·
Registered
433 Posts
oh and just to clarify, the rear does have 2 seals, but one is a cup seal, so the actuall body of the piston only has 1 seal fitted in to it, the cup seal goes on the end...
were as like you know, the front has 2 oring type lip seals, both fit into on the piston body.

·
Registered
433 Posts
lol yes its the same site as the one ive got for jaws cbr1100.
am just puzzled as to wy Gary sent you the picture with the 1 seal init.
send them an email see what they say, but put the picture with 2 seals init from there site.
mite be an honest mistake, but its a good job you have posted it though first, and not just done the , owell i will just fit it with one seal, because thats what Gary said lol.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No refund, had to reorder. Now to send back the first one is 50 dollars. 5oz package gift, labeled no value. Screwed. If I ever buy thru Jaws again it would be using Ebay for insurance!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did, probably a mistake. But at least a good chance what I need is on the way to finally get the bird back on the twisties! His final statement, few as they've been, was and I guess to summarize my whole scenario; "Hi Perry, we supplied the kit you ordered with the parts specified, we have supplied a replacement kit and paid the postage and supplied at lower price."
I dont know what the lower price is yet and am tired of attempting communications. No acknowledgement of misadvertized kit or incomplete kits. Kinda bot like.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts