Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard people mention swapping them, but I dunno? Just seems the high beam is more wide than long, only lighting up around 2 car lengths in front of me at best?

A little video

And pictures:

Dipped:

IMG-20121025-00109.jpg

Highbeam:

IMG-20121025-00110.jpg

Cheers and hope everyone is well and keeping the rubbers side down :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,451 Posts
Check your aim loaded. Set up on a flat surface back at least 26 feet. Mark a height of 30" from the ground. center up the bike and set your low beam center on this point. Be sure your off the center stand and setting on the bike then adjust as needed. You will be surprised of the effect a correct aim makes.

Reactions: bikerchris

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Sounds like you have the lights the wrong way around. Low beam is wide and flat, High beam is more of a pencil beam. Also low beam is the top light, high beam is the bottom.

Reactions: bikerchris

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
In addition to nutters comment it also appears that you have an HID in the headlight your using for highbeam...

Seems to me to be far to bright and white for a standard blackbird globe

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
1st, you're riding on the wrong side of the road buddy, you're gonna run into a truck.
2nd, don't turn it into a science project, get some HIDs :)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
+1 to Nutter. The top light is the low beam, bottom light is high beam. I run an HID in the low with normal globe in the top, as I have to dip it frequently due to traffic. The HID takes too long to warm up again so I went back to standard.

I suspect that the connectors may have been swapped so the bottom comes on with your low instead of the top. My low beam stays on when I turn on the high, and with the HID in the low, the high is almost unnoticable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have xenon headlights on my BB, and have say, they work well, light color and intensity are awesome ..

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for all your comments guys, very much appreciated :)

Nutter has it spot on, the lights are the wrong way round (currently the lower beam is dipped and the upper beam is high beam), so a swap around is needed!

I don't think it has HID's Ugly (be way to lucky to buy a bike with them!), but I'll be able to check in the morning.

Really appreciated guys, really is!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1st, you're riding on the wrong side of the road buddy, you're gonna run into a truck.
2nd, don't turn it into a science project, get some HIDs :)
:clap::clap::clap: :rotfl:

I don't turn anything into a science project if I can help it :thumb:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a bright white HID for my low beam and a yellow bulb for my high beam and it lights up the road REALLY well. You definitely want to swap lights if the low beam is on bottom.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Deuse, you reminded me to respond to this! I'll get HID one day, but there's no hurry for me!

A few days ago I switched the leads round and VOILA, the lights work bloody lovely now, cheers guys! I now have a wide spread of light when dipped. The high beam acts almost like a spotlight deadahead and slightly above/with the dipped light.

I would have taken another video/or pictures, but it's so bloody cold now, my hand would fall off! :smilebig:

·
Super Moderator
12,687 Posts
but it's so bloody cold now, my hand would fall off!
I've invested in heated gloves for this winter and they are wonderful ............. unlike my photography so I won't offer to help :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cheers Deuse, you reminded me to respond to this! I'll get HID one day, but there's no hurry for me!

A few days ago I switched the leads round and VOILA, the lights work bloody lovely now, cheers guys! I now have a wide spread of light when dipped. The high beam acts almost like a spotlight deadahead and slightly above/with the dipped light.
:smilebig:
Good to hear that it works! HIDs really light up the road..You can also try heated grips. I have them on my Triumph Sprint and they are great, even though it doesn't get that cold here in so cal.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey ducky, heated gloves are a great idea and mate sells them - so may be a crimbo pressie suggestion to someone ;-) ALthough really I meant that my hands were cold when ungloved - which is the only way to use my video phone buttons! :D

Well Deuse, HID's for me one day, but no hurry yet. Although my hands do need some warmth, there's only so far I can go with my hand near the engine! :D

·
Super Moderator
12,687 Posts
that my hands were cold when ungloved - which is the only way to use my video phone buttons! :D
learn something new every day perhaps that is where I have been going wrong :thumb: ............... oh no, can't be, my phone doesn't have a camera built in!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Mikey, yeah a great deal of people have said about HID (as well as my local biker mates). At the moment, though, the only modification I can make is putting new fuel in it :) One day though, one day :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does/ has anyone in the forum done an upgrade on a Triumph Sprint ? My girl has one and she complains that the lights are a bit shithouse.
Lee

·
The Gimp
124 Posts
Does/ has anyone in the forum done an upgrade on a Triumph Sprint ? My girl has one and she complains that the lights are a bit shithouse.
Lee
You'll likely get a better response here: Sprint Forum - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

That said, you will still need to give more details, i.e., are they not bright enough, is the pattern not wide enough, do they blink on and off when they should be on (or off), etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts