Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda CBR1100XX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was going over the hardware on the bike itself, just looking for various things that would stand out to me and I came across this on the bike.
The front fork has a spot what I would think, common sense to me, that would be a security measure for a cotter pin. Maybe I'm just being overbearing a tad but common sense would dictate that this very well is missing a cotter pin.

Everyone's valued feedback is surely welcomed.

I have inserted a URL and attached a photo for those that are unable to access the URL as well.

Tire Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle frame

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,463 Posts
Nope, you use that when you remove the axle for some reason. You unbolt the axle bolt on the left side then put a round small bar through there and use it as a handle to pull the axle out. A Phillips screwdriver is the perfect thing to use.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
i'll add the axle is firmly held in place by the pinch bolts.

also, after tightening the axle bolt and then the pinch bolts on the other side, this side's pinch bolts need to be loose so the axle can float to it's "happy place" while you bounce the front end and then tighten those (pinch bolts) last.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Cotter pin won't keep it from coming out, which is the only way it can leave the bike.
If anything, you'd safety wire from the pinch bolt to one of the holes, which would keep it from coming out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts