Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I note on the wiring harness schematic that there are four starter relays and that seems to square with what I see under the seat. Is that correct and why so many?

They are part 22 on the attached schematic.

World Product Organism Font Line
Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
None of the 4 relays on that page are the starter relay.
These 4 are for the Headlight, Fuel Cut-off, Engine Stop and Fan Control.
The actual starter relay is, I believe, located under those 4.
The red/live cable goes from the battery to the starter relay, called a starter solinoid over here, and from the relay to the starter.
The starter relay is shown on the "Battery" page on Partzilla, and is part #8. Still not called a solinoid untill you double click on the part discription.
The links show the starter solinoid with a 30amp fuse and the other relays. The relays may look different on the bike as they have a rubber protector over them.
Starter Relay, Starter Solenoid Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird SC35/G 1999-2007 | eBay
Honda '02 CBR1100 XX Blackbird Relay RC2208 12D | eBay

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the education, I had no idea what they were for. Do you think it is wise to be proactive and replace these relays (plus the quite expensive starter solenoid)?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Agree with Partsguy. Save your money in case you decide to upgrade the charging system.

·
Administrator
12,938 Posts
I like proactive maintenance but I have never been tempted to replace the relays on my 99 Bird, sill going strong after +120,000 miles, these things last!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am convinced. My relays do not need to be proactively replaced. Thanks all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts