Honda CBR XX Forum banner

Fork Pipe different length

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TheDuck 
#1 ·
Hi all

Fork question, 1999 Fi model,
can anyone confirm that the front fork, Left and Right are the same or different ?
I took mine off for cleaning and such but found out that the Length is Different and the bush slider is different too, (Left is longer than Right side...)

Also Left and Right on mine uses different Bush Slider ? But on the parts diagram says its the same ... Item # 10

Please Help !

See less See more
#3 ·
Indeed there is, tube length 5mm longer on the carbies and they use shorter bushings.
Whist it is tempting to think that you have one carbie and one inj fork I don't think that to be the case here. The damping innards appear to be the same. You can check this by looking at the push rods. Carbies used steel, inj used aluminium from the photo it appears that both of yours are aluminium, worth checking with a magnet.
Are both top bushings the same length? If they are then you have a matched set of fork bottoms, carbie had the shorter bushings, inj longer ones.

Without looking at the parts myself I can't be certain but I think you have a carbie fork tube put into an inj bottm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.