Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just installed new fork seals and the forks are still off the bike ive gone to 15 wght oil at 350 mls per fork to start and when i put oil in the right fork and primed it up it had good damping ,i know its hard to tell how the bike will handle and it feels a bit soft but the rebound is very noticeable and at what i feel is a good starting point to start adjusting oil level etc
my problem is i did the same process to both legs ,drain ,cleaned new seals but the left fork doesn't dampen on rebound at all and seems slightly harder to compress can u open the damper or is it a sealed unit

jono

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi Jono,

What model XX is your's?

Mine is an 05FI and it specs 485 MLS of 10wt in each leg (I use Motul 10wt and it feels good). To drain the forks fully I pump the damper rod until all the oil is out and the rod feels free, otherwise there can be over 100cc of old oil still in there.

When I'm done, I assemble the fork and pump them up and down and they prime within a few strokes.

I'm not sure about the early models, maybe they had smaller fork tubes and ran less oil volume.

(y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jono,

What model XX is your's?

Mine is an 05FI and it specs 485 MLS of 10wt in each leg (I use Motul 10wt and it feels good). To drain the forks fully I pump the damper rod until all the oil is out and the rod feels free, otherwise there can be over 100cc of old oil still in there.

When I'm done, I assemble the fork and pump them up and down and they prime within a few strokes.

I'm not sure about the early models, maybe they had smaller fork tubes and ran less oil volume.

(y)
thanks Dave ive got it sorted i took it apart again and put the end of the damper unit in oil and pumped it up and now it works fine
cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts