Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the privilege of owning a 1998 Bird that I bought in 1998 and saw an indicated 175MPH on it. Now I own a Silver 2002 Bird and have seen 165MPH indicated and can say honestly the first 2 years were the fastest. So in trying to fool whatever science gods there are out there, I've temporarily painted the silver with a matte black to see if it works. It is well documented in this group and others that black is the fastest color.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 1997 bird that did 194 on GPS - It was only running 6 pounds of boost! My stocker indicated 175 which I thought was good until I got a GPS. The stock speedo was 4 mph fast at 60. ie 56mph. I wanted a true reading so I bought and installed a speedo calibration device (Yellow Box) It was accurate at 100 mph. I didn't try it faster!

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
Had to do the same with mine 147 indicated 165. The error gets exponentially bigger the higher you get. I'm corrected to a ton as well now. Once I get a bit more tuning I'll have to check it at a higher point.

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
Speedo healer actually records the highest speed seen. PC would to if you have the speed input enabled. Not sure how accurate thier algorithm. Guess I'll have to see😏

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wasn't aware that the Power Commander had a function that recorded the highest speed. This of course, isn't a help on my BB, but would help on my BMW S1000RR. Is this setup info available on their website? You would have to input gearing and tire diameter data I would think.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Hmm
I've GPS at that higher on my 2000 Titanium
I would have thought the 1999 to 2000 would be the fastest. Functional ram air and no cats in the exhaust unlike the 2000 onward (catalytic converters in the exhaust).

If it happens to be black, well say no more!

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
The road we ran on had something to do with it I imagine. It has a bend in the middle of the run and it's only about 4 miles long. Guess I'll go look for a flat open road and test it again. (There's plenty out here in the desert). Just got to wait for the temps to come back down out of the 100's in a couple months.

Reactions: deadman
1 - 12 of 12 Posts